• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to rig this Sonic model from Frontiers, it's not working.

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to upload the model it's saying "unable to map your existing skeleton" I'm using the fbx file format.

Here's the model in Blender

I downloaded the model from a website called "The Models Resource" which has models ripped from video games. This is the Sonic model that I used, the game it came from is Frontiers, the latest Sonic game ever made.aaa.png

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. "unable to map your existing skeleton" = the model has bones... in this case [as i have already tested for other students] the 'bones' Mixamo detects are nuls left over from the rigging software used to make the model i.e, its not a standard Fbx file

2 you could try exporting from Blender as Obj... that will remove any bones and depending on Blender type you may then need to convert your Obj into a standard Obj with something like 3Dpaint before uploading to Mixamo

3 i say 'try' because that model is too thin in the waist and the way his legs travel in at almost 30* will upset Mixamo because normal human legs come strait down from the turso... i expect it will rig but then walk funny if you don't correct it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines