Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my character not show in Mixamo

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been trying to upload an FBX file, however I get a blank (grey) screen once my character has been uploaded. If I upload an OBJ file it works, however later on I seem to have uv texture mapping issues when I try to remap textures. Why will my character not show and what is the best way to get around this?

Kind regards

mixamograyscreen.png

TOPICS
Bug , Character , Upload , Viewer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

when you exported your model as Fbx from what ever software, did you perhaps only export the bones?

that would be the most common error and the fact Obj works means this isn't a Mixamo issue

best fix would be to go back to your model and try other export settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you exported your model as Fbx from what ever software, did you perhaps only export the bones?

that would be the most common error and the fact Obj works means this isn't a Mixamo issue

best fix would be to go back to your model and try other export settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This grey screen was happening to me also. What I did that worked was I took my character in blender and moved the origin point to his feet where it meets the floor and of course center in front view. Then snap cursor to World Origin… then select character and snap to cursor. I then ctrl+A and apply all transforms. Lastly, I export as fbx making sure the check box: limit to “Selected Objects” was checked. I never had this grey box again by doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mannnnnnn you saved me bruh, I really appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

move your model to center world scene in blender or another apps. i have the same issues. i check on mixamo and click the arrow to rotate, i can see the character but not full. so i'm trying to move the character to center in world origin in blender. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I wish your comment was at the top because I was stuck for a while and cam back to this post and found this comment and it really helped, so thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was because webgl in the browser was having an issue and erroring out. I was using chrome at the time so I switched to Firefox and then it worked for me. Pretty sure I used Chrome previously but this time it didn't work so I switched browsers. 

I tried all the other solutions here before trying that 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had an issue where I had duplicated one of the arms and it was unknowing messing up my Blender Character upload. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines