• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Fuse no longer available?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FUSE has got to be the 7th time Adobe has discontinued a major softwre for my production. I used to praise them for being geniuses at supplying artist w/tools we need. That was before this new guy took over, who has no interest in what/how to pls artists. NO MORE but no more.So many artists love FUSE. It filled a NEED, [Adobe].

With their trashing of FUSE, I ABSOLUTELY HATE ADOBE NOW and want despearately to stop paying them.[profanity removed by moderator] They felt they had wasted money and blamed me.
THIS IS WHY I NOW HATE ADOBE. I can't trust the software programs. Looking for alternatives, Tumult, Affinity and to stop watsing so much money/month.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AA_lique33, I am very sorry, but Adobe Fuse has reached its end of life.  This can be frustrating when you get accustomed to using a particular application to complete a function.  Would you please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/beta/fuse/faq.html, which provides information on Adobe-related alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from the Lounge to Mixamo where Fuse is frequently discussed.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fuse was made by Mixamo and Adobe wanted Mixamo for the staff... mostly because they had 3D software that works on Mac

Apple Mac dropped all 32bit software which blocked Fuse from working well and promted the end of life call... yes Adobe said the program would keep working after end of life and yes that was a lie because anyone that allowed Creative cloud to update after the end of life will find Fuse no longer opens so to answer your first question, Adobe killed Fuse by mistake

if you still need Fuse your best option now is to grab the free 1.3 build from Stream and use that but if you are happy to pay $ then Iclone will take all the Fuse models \ assets and convert them into modern tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really bummed when Fuse was discontinued. It was a robust little program that saved me a lot of time. The mixamo library doesn't offer the customizability Fuse did. I'm hoping Adobe adds a similar character-building product in the (near) future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have fuse on steam for free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO.  Adobe discontinued Fuse.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the Fuse on steam is the older 1.3 build before Adobe stepped in and it is currently still there and still free

while this build is older than what Adobe posted the models are the same but the actual textures have a more cartoon look to them... with some skill it is possible to swap models between the two builds and we did have tutorials but they are gone now

as a heads up this older 1.3 build os for Windows 7 and Steam is about to drop all support for that OS which means in the very near future even this build will be gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines