Copied

Screenshot (438).png

TOPICS
Upload

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They could at least return a correct error message, like "FUSE no longer supported" or "Server retired" or similar. The error message "Login failed. Please check username/password" is flat out wrong and misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

like digging up a dead person to take away their knighthood

p.s, Mixamo can't read a Mtl that uses colour codes so red, blue etc it must actually point to a texture image and Steam Fuse is the same as Adobe Fuse as far as base model goes i.e, it works exactly the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a work-around to the issue.

1. File Export from Fuse - make sure the New Folder and Pack Textures/UVs checkboxes are selected.
  2. Open the folder you exported to
  3. Select the OBJ file, the .MTL file, and all texture files by Shift clicking
  4. Package all those files into a .zip
  5. Go to Mixamo and upload the .zip file
  6. IMPORTANT - you must include the .MTL file or the auto-rigger won't display the textures

You will be able to apply animations to your character. The only drawback is the 'Enable Blendshapes' feature is missing that allows you to have facial expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I've been using the solution you detailed above to try and upload the character from steam's version of fuse to Mixamo, yet the website cant map out the character when uploading the zip file, when I include the mtl file. When I don't include the mtl file it works just fine, but then I've got not textures obviously.

Do you have any idea what could it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be the software build on Steam. I've never used that one - just the installer that was on Adobe Cloud several versions ago. I don't know what your workflow or pipeline is. You could use Mixamo's auto-rigger and download the FBX or DAE file after it's rigged. Then relink the materials in the application that you'll be using for final production???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines