• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: bracket keys not changing brush size

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the latest version of Photoshop beta, 25.11, my bracket keys are no longer chnaging my brush tip size. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Hi everyone, please update to the latest Ps beta: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.11.0 20240706.m.2689 a56b6d6 arm64 which has the fix for this issue.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 229 Replies 229
228 Comments
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alyssa, I hear you how frustrating it is.  Please find my comments in this thread from earlier today and they should lead you to an easy solution to make the brackets work again.  Definitely worked on PC and I'm guessing there's something mighty close on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you how frustrating it is. Please find my comments in this thread from earlier today and they should lead you to an easy solution to make the brackets work again. Definitely worked for me on PC and I'm guessing there's something mighty close on Mac.  If my answer helps you, please upvote it.  Cory definitely got me started (thank you Cory!), but my answer tells you how to get to that screen he mentions and what to do when you get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Photoshop v25.9.1 and was prompted to download and try Photoshop Beta v25.11. When I opened the program and tried to change the brush size using the keyboard shortcut, I saw I was unable to do so. I saved my work, closed the app, and opened Photoshop 25.9.1. I confirmed I was able to control the brush size using the keyboard shortcuts in that version. Just for good measure, I rebooted v25.11 and triple checked that it was in fact a bug and that I had not changed any settings which would have prevented that action. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop Beta 25.11.  After I updated to 25.11 the brush size shortcut (left and right brackets) stopped working properly.  The shortcut does not adjust the brush size anymore.  It still works however in Photoshop 2024 25.9.1.

I have tried to reset the shortcut using "keyboard shortcuts".  Although it shows the proper bracket shortcut assignment the brackets do not adjust the brush size, there is no change to the brush size. 

This appears to be a bug in the Beta 25.11 release. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bracket keys work in liquify but not in brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Cory; you're a life-saver!  I can't work without the bracket keys resizing my brush!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this works! Iguess that there is a conflict between those two

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ ] wrok fine in  PS full but do not work in Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a common complaint (in the ps beta forum where these post should be placed).

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

per adobe employee:

The team is aware of this and will have a fix in an upcoming release.

Temp workaround is to remove new addition of Key Board Short Cut for layer boundary.

kglad_0-1719927652370.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

per adobe employee:

The team is aware of this and will have a fix in an upcoming release.

Temp workaround is to remove new addition of Key Board Short Cut for layer boundary.

kglad_0-1719927706880.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the new update I cannot resize the brush tool using the [ ] keys. It's completly throwing off my workflow. A lot of other designers have been complaining about the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

so both the "[" and "]" symbols stopped working in Photoshop Beta vers., I was using them for making my brushes bigger/smaller and out of the blue they stopped working. They're good in "normal" Photoshop so it's not a keyboard thing. I've tried to reinstal beta version, but it didn't help. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated by Photoshop (Beta) for Windows 3 days ago (6.30.24) and since then, my short cut keys don't work.  I'm not able to change the size of my brushes using the [ and ] keys.  The program is also running painfully slow!  Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I Googled the issue before posting here and attempted every fix listed on Google.  None of them worked.

For the past year, adobe updates consistently seem to break more things than they fix.  =(  As a professional photographer I don't have time to constantly have to deal with this.  If they can't figure things out, I'm going to need to start looking for new editing software that is more dependable.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted this same question, because I searched this site for others having this problem and it only pulled up 2023 and older issues.  It didn't show me this question until after I posted my questions.  Seems like maybe Adobe should fix their search stuff on here too, so they aren't getting asked the same question unnecessarily!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my solution to this [ and ] problem at https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-bracket-keys-not-changing-brush-size/idc-p/1471... and, if it works for you, please upvote it to help others.  Cory's answer is totally correct as well, but mine shows a little clearer HOW to implement the fix.  Not caring about the credit, but I just want people to find a quicker solution to this than it took me.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cory, you need to list the steps for fixing this problem. Your gray screenshot of the "Keyboard Shortcuts and Menus" does not match mine screen at all. I just updated my Beta tonight 7/2/2024 and the brackets do not work for changing brush size. Thank you for clarifying with easy written steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Milo, your steps were very clear and fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the easy fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the brackets can no longer be used to enlarg or shrink brush size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to use shortcut for brush/pencil size, it's not working, i have restart or try to open close other file still not work in beta 25.11 , but it works in photoshop 25.9.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe's aware and there's a workaround posted.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs ">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.  I just ran the update and now the bracket doesn't work for resizing brushes either.  Gotta go up top and manually adjust.  This has to be an quick and easy fix, right???

Votes

Translate

Translate