• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't see brush circle when I go into Select and Mask

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop Beta today. I'm not sure if it's a Beta update issue because it was working fine the whole day until like an hour ago. Suddenly, when I go into Select and Mask, I'm not able to see the brush circle. I only see my mouse. 

The quick selection tool, refine edge brush tool, the brush tool all work when I click the mouse. I just don't see any circle around my mouse. I tried hitting the Caps Lock key, turned Photoshop on and off, turned my computer on and off, resetted all preferences, but the issue still remains. 

Am I the only one having this issue?

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

This issue was fixed with the latest beta update: Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230817.m.2290 15dfc21 x64

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

If you are still having this issue please start a new thread so the team can look into the details and not confuse it with those that the update solved for.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 127 Replies 127
127 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with today's update of Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, we see this as well and have passed it on to the team.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In select and mask, the round brush indicator does not display I only get a pointer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on MacOS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select & Mask Brush Icon/Cursor Missing after Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your Cursor settings in Preferences?

I like to use the full size cursor, buit with Crosshairs showing so you can accurately place the cursor with tools like the Clone tool.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enter 'Select and Mask' and go to refine the edge using the refine edge brush, I get a black arrow cursor, not the usual brush cursor. I was there in the last beta version – but is gone now. I tried restarting etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting.  I was sorting out a screen shot to help ask for more information, and I also have no brush cursor.

This is only with the beta version, and since today's update.  Does that tally with your situation?

I am also using Windows, 11 in my case. 

[EDIT]  I see we are already in the beta foruum.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just responded to another thread with the same issue, and I have the same problem here, so it might be an idea to do it all in the the one thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/select-amp-mask-brush-icon-cursor-missing-after-u...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, beta version only, and only since today's update.

Travis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! When I updated to this version (24.7) my select and mask workspace has become wonky lol. My brush is now an arrow. The refine brush and selection tools are also arrows. I have tried resetting the workspace and resetting all tools with no luck. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. It's definitely the lastest update. I re-installed 24.6 and its back to working. Help! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!  It started late yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I too reported it yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest version of Photoshop Beta (24.7), when using the Select and Mask screen, my brush cursor (the little ball) disappears. It is not the case of caps being activated (no crosshair shows either).

I can only see the cursor when resizing it (by holding alt + mouse right click), but not when properly trying to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have gone back to the previous version so that my program works.  Now, how do I get rid of the "update available" box at the top of the screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop Beta for a few months now and been loving it. But this is an issue that has only appeared for me today.

The issue appears only in Select and Mask mode. When I select a brush to refine an image selection, the cursor does not visibly change to the brush tool when moved over the image. The brushes work correctly however the cursor is visible instead of the brush tool which makes it impossible to work with. The brush tool works fine in normal mode when editing an image – it only is invisible when in Select and Mask mode.

I reset the preferences and even resorted to uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop Beta but with no luck.

As a test, I installed the latest official Photoshop release (24.6) and the brushes behave as they should in Select and Mask mode.

Unless I'm missing something, I'll have to run both versions of Photoshop as I love the Generative Fill features but I regularly need to edit selections in Select and Mask mode.

I've attached comparative screenshots between the 2 apps – please note the cursor difference between them.

Cheers, Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe know about this, and will be working on it.  I have just discovered that the brush cursor is also not visible in Content Aware Fill in the latest beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert   

Cory, just to let you know that the cursor is also missing in Content Aware Fill, but still works.  

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The refine edge brush inside "select and mask" stopped showing as a brush on the latest PS beta v24.7. it shows as the mouse pointer ,not working as it should 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine too. I rolled back to 24.6 and it's working fine...I guess I'll wait until they fix the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! same exact issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah man. I uninstalled beta to try to install the previous version like everyone else, but I don't even see photoshop beta in creative cloud anymore. Where can I download beta? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After clicking down using the Remove Tool cursor, the cursor changes to the arrow cursor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate