• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions disappeared

Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have PShop Beta.  Editing in it and I find that all my actions are gone.  Only default in there.  I had lot of them when using PShop pre beta.  Where did my actions go??  TIA  George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions are stored in your preferences file, in your user account. Every version has its own unique preferences.

You should always save out your actions, brushes etc. They will not be migrated to a new version, and they will be wiped if for instance you need to reset preferences for troubleshooting purposes. You save them out from the fly-out menu in the panel. Keep them in a safe place so that you can reload them as needed.

The preferences contain the entire app configuration, and your settings in one version may not be directly applicable in another version with new base code. That's why they don't automatically migrate.

If you still have the previous version installed, save the actions out now. If not, look for that version's settings folder in your user account. Maybe they can be retrieved if you kept preferences when you uninstalled it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

More here, including the paths to the .psp file:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2017/01/photoshop-custom-action-file-backup.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines