• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generative AI for cheaper plans

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now the only people who have access to the new Genrative AI feature in the beta are people paying for the all apps $54.99/month plan - so those of us that have a photography plan, or a Photoshop only plan can use the beta version, but the Generative AI tool is blocked.

(inappropriate language removed)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Hi all, we want to clear up some information that is not correct. If you read the helpx doc for GF:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html you can see that:

Why can’t I access Generative Fill?

Generative Fill in the Photoshop (beta) app is only available to users of at least 18 years of age with a Creative Cloud Individual license along with CC TeamsCC Enterprise, and our Educational customers.

For users under 18, Generative Fill is visible but disabled. Also, for n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you are wrong. Read some other threads on what happened if you don't see it 😉

I wouldn't be surprised if a hi-res version will eventually come at an extra price though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop individual plan at $20.99 per month, and the beta version of Photoshop works fine, except for the Generative AI tool, which doesn't function at all - so I used the Abobe help chat, got to speak to an actual human - and they told me that to use the Generative AI tools, I would have to upgrade my account to the Creative Cloud All Apps plan at $54.99 per month. So, yeah, it's definitely behind a paywall 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David300274186tfb 

Is there a reason you have the single app plan instead of the Photography plan? It's an annual plan, payable at $9.99 monthly or in a lump sum. The single app plan is available monthly for $31.49 (easy to cancel) or annual for $20.99.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the photography plan, figured out that a paywall was in place for the Generative AI tools, upgraded to the Photoshop -lan to see if the AI tool would work, it didn’t. Once I found out that I needed the Creative Cloud All Apps plan to use the AI tools, I just downgraded my account back to the photography plan. It’s been a complicated day 😂

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the photography plan, figured out that a paywall was in place for the Generative AI tools, upgraded to the Photoshop -lan to see if the AI tool would work, it didn’t. Once I found out that I needed the Creative Cloud All Apps plan to use the AI tools, I just downgraded my account back to the photography plan. It’s been a complicated day 😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I doubt it.

Look at the threads that say you explicitly have to search for he latest beta download. The default one doesn't show the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was literally told by someone at Adobe, that I would need to be paying for the Creative Cloud All Apps to be able to use the Generative AI tool. I read through many forums, and watched several videos on the use of the new tools. I have the most up to date beta download available - When I select an area on a design, the contextual task bar is there, and the box for "generative fill" is visible, but cannot be clicked on. When I open the edit menu, and scroll down to "generative fill", it's dark and cannot be clicked on. When I hover over it, it doesn't show any information at all. I will try more experimentation today - I'm attaching a screenshot from Adobe's website about who has access to the AI tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, we want to clear up some information that is not correct. If you read the helpx doc for GF:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html you can see that:

Why can’t I access Generative Fill?

Generative Fill in the Photoshop (beta) app is only available to users of at least 18 years of age with a Creative Cloud Individual license along with CC TeamsCC Enterprise, and our Educational customers.

For users under 18, Generative Fill is visible but disabled. Also, for non-RGB 8/16 bits documents, the feature is visible but disabled. Hovering over the Generate button will show a tooltip explaining why the feature is unavailable.

Generative Fill is not available in China at this time.

There is an issue right now where some customers that did NOT add a DOB in their Behance account are seeing the Generative Fill feature but not able to access it.  At this time the team is investigating this but some customers have reported that by going to Behance and adding their DOB, the GF function has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory - thank you for your help, I went to Behance and was able to add a DOB and it's working fine now (I had never used or heard of Behance before this - so thanks for that info).  I still want to point out one thing, and Adobe employee told me that to use the Generative Ai tools that I would need to upgrade to the Creative Cloud All Apps plan - so there is an issue with some of the support people giving out incorrect information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@David300274186tfb thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you share where you got this information? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines