• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Holding Shift Key to constrain proprtions while scaling does not work

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac OS, Using Photoshop Beta 25.1... When attempting to scale and constrain proportions, holding the shift key does nothing. 

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HalfFast testing here is working as expected.

Try resetting Prefs for the Beta:

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/ Photoshop Beta Settings (Mac Ventura)

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ \(Beta\)\ Settings (Mac)
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Settings )Win)

Launch BETA Photoshop While Pressing The Keyboard Shortcut

With Photoshop closed, press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) on your keyboard and then Launch Photoshop the way you normally would.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to scale and constrain proportions, holding the shift key does nothing. 

By @HalfFast

Is this when you are using Edit > Free Transform (Cmd+T)? Look in between the Width and Height controls and find the Link icon. If it is "pressed" the controls work together to constrain. If not, the controls work independently to distort.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but all that did was reset my settings. Prior to doing that I had found a work around by checking the box in my General Settings for Legacy Free Transform Settings which does work so long as you hold the shift key and use one of the corners to pull from or I can get the same results by clicking the Aspect Ratio chain link. Regardless of whether I hold the shift key or click the Aspect Ratio Chain Link, it still wont constrain proportions when dragging from one of the center pull boxes like Photoshop 2023 does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2024 Aug 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any update about it? so frustrated😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines