• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I paste text in the browser version of Photoshop?

New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to paste text using the type tool in the broswer version of Photoshop? When I have the type tool selected it doesn't allow me to CTRL-V something I've copied from a text document, instead only a v is placed. Is this intentional to the design of the Web App or am I missing a setting?

(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, first time poster)

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@anter89987395 

Photoshop for the Web is in beta. I'll move your post from Photoshop to Photoshop (beta).

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @anter89987395, sorry you are having issues with pasting text.  Tested here and it is working as it should, select the text tool and click in your document to activate, then comd/ctrl-V pastes what you have in your clipboard.

What browser/OS are you using? If you could share some screenshots or a video of what you are seeing, we can see what might be happening.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anter, 

Can you provide more information on your workflow? If you start a type layer and then paste, does the text get pasted in for you? Here's a screenshot of me pasting in copied text which seems to work for me. 

PeteGreen_0-1652888136679.png

Which browser are you using?

Do you have a clipboard manager of any kind active?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue. Not able to Paste Text (Using Ctrl+V). Also, not able to change the Font.

However, note that changes to Font-Size and Color do work.

Please check the attached Video Clip...

My Environment-
Brsower: Google Chorme Version 105.0.5195.102 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Regards,

Swapneel Shah

[Two of the triplicate posts removed by moderator. Please post once. Thank you!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the post @swapsshah, sorry for the trouble pasting text.

Looks like this is an issue on Windows OS and the team is investigating this one.

Stay tuned.

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Pete.Green,

Any luck with this? We are not able to Copy Paste. Even basic Text Operations like Select all (Ctrl + A), Ctrl + Home, Ctrl + End, Delete buttons don't work. This is really frustrating!

Hope you are able to prioritize and get a fix rolled out for this.

Regards,

Swapneel Shah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@swapsshah  Hi Swapneel!

Sounds like the team is working on a fix for this one, will update this thread when we have a fix released for this one. Sorry for the frustrations caused here. Hang in there!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines