• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Gaussian Blur filter is now available in Photoshop Beta (Mac only)

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LGB_Beta.png

Use the Live Gaussian Blur filter to add improved artistic blur effects to your image. Live Gaussian Blur leverages the power of the GPU and enables "live", painting of - on canvas blur effects that preview real-time, non-destructively without using the Smart Object workflow. Additionally, users will be able to interact with Photoshop outside the dialog with limited functionality, for example, change brush settings, pan, zoom, apply Layers Panel blend modes, opacity, and toggle layer visibility. 

You can add or subtract and fine-tune the blur by brushing directly on the canvas, adjusting the blur amount, and fade opacity, and outputting the results to a new layer.

Go to Filter > Blur > Live Gaussian Blur

LGB_Menu-Beta.png

LGB Dialog Beta.png

 

Please try it out and let us know any feedback you have right here in this thread!

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

In this thread there is a recent reply from Amy Durocher (Adobe). She says:

"Thanks for your interest in the Live Gaussian Blur feature...we estimate Windows will be available towards the end of November/early December."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My copy of Windows 2023 Photoshop Beta did not have the Live Gaussian Blur feature under Filters. Is an update to the Windows version coming soon? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem !

I am using Windows 10 and recently purchased Photoshop Beta. I am also not hetting Live Gaussian Blur feature under Filters.

How can I get It?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, Live Gaussian Blur is Mac only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thanks for your interest in the Live Gaussian Blur feature...we estimate Windows will be available towards the end of November/early December."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live gausian blur will be nice for quick edits but I strongly recommend using Filter > Blur Gallery > Field Blur until the former is available. You can't make changes after you accept them but you have extreme control over what you want to blur or not. I will probably continue using it even when Live Gausian blur is widely available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live Gaussian Blur is ONLY available on Mac right now. We are having a difficult time solving performance and brushing issues on Windows and don't see a Windows version in the near future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching video introducing Beta and new tools already showed issues. No 'Live Gaussian' blur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Photoshop (Beta) version it isn't working, I could not find (Live Gaussian Blur Filter ) My PC is Windows 10 latest edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eariler in this thread there is a reply from Amy Durocher (Adobe). She says:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, leider sehe ich den Live-Gaußscher Weichzeichner obwohl ich die Photoshop Beta version installiert habe. Ich bitte um Hilfe und Erklärung warum das so ist. Vielen Dank und viele Grüße, Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Barbara27355239ftkx  - pardon my English response. I used Google translate for your message (translation could be inaccurate). I believe you are reporting you don't see Live Gaussian Blur on your Ps Beta Build?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, thats correct

Von meinem/meiner Galaxy gesendet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Barbara27355239ftkx are you on Mac or PC?  Currently it is Mac only.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to confirm you are on Mac (Live Gaussian Blur is currently only available on Mac). If you go to the Filter Menu > Blur do you see "Live Gaussian Blur" or is it missing or dimmed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Amy, 

I have just updated my PS to 24.2.0. I don't have the Beta version of the Gaussian Blur. Should I be able to see this? 

And, how do I get it? 

Thanks in advance, 

Murray [editied by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Murray+Mary 

Thank you for your question! We removed Live Gaussian Blur from Beta as we ran into performance and brushing issues on the latest Mac update. 

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dans la fenêtre des filtres sur photoshop bêta pourtant à mis à jour.

Je ne trouve pas le "Filtre de Flou gaussien direct".

je suis sous Windows 11.

Pouvez-vous m'en dire plus s'il vous plaît 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea when live blur will be available for MacBook Pro?

Thanks a million

Pat Coffey 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Filter > Blur Gallery > Field Blur in the meantime? You'll want to make a copy or convert your image to a Smart Object first in case you want to make changes, bit Field Blur gives you unlimited control over blurring images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am getting in PS Beta latest version

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 13.00.23.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as You see complete distortion of the pink kind. I am working with Mac Os 12.5.1 Mac Book Pro M1 / 2020

Do You have any suggestions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live Gaussian Blur has disappeared from the Beta version. Was available last week. Gone this week ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same with me, it just disappeared.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines