• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New feature now in Photoshop Beta, Bullets and Numbers

Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody, we are happy to announce a new feature in Photoshop Beta, Bullets and Numbers!
(Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.10.0 20240523.m.2629)

What is this and how would I use it?
Imagine you're working on a design project and want to add some text, maybe it is a list of essential points or a step-by-step guide. You want these lists to function but also be visually appealing. That's where Photoshop's Bullets and Numbering feature comes into play.

Why is it important?
The Type tool itself is one of the most used tools in Photoshop, Bullets and Numbering is one of the most requested features in the Adobe Community.

Photoshop customers want a quick, easy way to format a paragraph where each paragraph return becomes a bullet or numbered list item.

Earlier Photoshop customers were creating bulleted points using glyphs and had to add them manually paragraph by paragraph. We hope with this addition the process will be an easier and more fluid workflow.

BN.gif

We have also added a preference for those who want to turn ON or OFF auto detection of lists while typing.

BulletsnNumbersPrefs.jpg

Please share your feedback, and as always we hope you find this addition a benefit to your workflow.

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works a treat @CoryShubert , and I love the context sensitive Properties Panel and Contextual Task Bar.  

I see the Paragraph Panel has also been updated, but it feels likely that most people will use the Properties Panel.

I especially like the three dots to expand and contract Proprties Panel sections, although you can end up with quite a screen full.  We have control over what functions are shown though, minimising cursor movement.  It feels kind of crazy obsessing over a few inches of cursor movement, but it annoys the heck out of me. 

image.png 

What I would love is to be able to twirl those sections open and closed with the cursor keys, to make the most of available screen space, like we can in Windows File Explorer, and apps like Outlook.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly do I turn this feature off?

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 4.08.49 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, I am using 25.6.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad to see this feature finally being implemented in Photoshop....

But is there no way to format the bullets/numbers? For example, I'm working on a numbered list and would like the numbers to be a different color or weight than the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ohbfcu thank you for your suggestion. At this time it is not possible but we will be happy to add this to a list of future improvements.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this ! 
I'll create a thread but I think it will be seen faster here : 
It seems that the new update broke something in the Processing from Bridge ... the processed photos are not closed in Photoshop Beta. I am using actions.

I tried in regular Photoshop, the photos are closed normally when using the action. But when using Photoshop Beta, all the processed photos remains opened .... (so imagine when selecting 50 images to batch process ...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a way to define spacing between bullet point and line start?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines