Exit

Parametric Filters not working

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App Version: Adobe Photoshop Beta V25.1

Platform & OS : Mac OS Big Sur V11.7.10

I click on the parametric filters in the filter menu. The window with filters loads however when I click on any of the filters to be applied, nothing happens.

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Arty Cardy testing here shows it working as expected.

Try resetting Prefs for the Beta:

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/ Photoshop Beta Settings (Mac Ventura)

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ \(Beta\)\ Settings (Mac)
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Settings )Win)

Launch BETA Photoshop While Pressing The Keyboard Shortcut

With Photoshop closed, press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) on your keyboard and then Launch Photoshop the way you normally would.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resetting the settings does not help, a smart object is created and nothing else happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@дмитрий32268718pcgf 

Adobe has limited access to the generative fill and generative expand features as well as other tools to customers with a valid subscription to a plan that includes Photoshop ( Creative Cloud, Single app or Photography plan).

Potential customers can try Photoshop and the generative features by signing up for a 7 day trial here - https://www.adobe.com/downloads.html 

If you believe that you have are incorrectly receiving the above error and qualify to use the generative features, please contact technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting on a fix for this. I have a subscription to Photoshop so this is not an issue.

Can you advise if the Parametric Filters are only compatible on certain Mac OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory, 

Like Arty Carty, I too have an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription to all apps.

With the Parametric Filters that are built into Beta, selecting the layer and clicking a parametric filter does apply the texture to the layer in my testing.

However, on trying to load a new material from the Substance 3D materials library, a similar thing happens as outlined above. On clicking the layer I'd like to apply the Parametric filter to, it generates a Smart Object new layer with the texture but not applied to the selected layer below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like no one's answered this for a while.  I finally decided to try out parametric filters today (yes, I'm subscribed with the all apps plan) - the window pops up with the names of the parametric filters but they are all just blank thumbnails that I cannot click on.  Essentially a window that I'm unable to interact with and does not load any kind of previews, just words.  I've reset prefs, done a complete uninstall and reinstall, tried going back a version, then forward again, nothing - same thing.  Blank parametrics.  Since several people seem to be having similar issues I assume this is a known issue that has been addressed elsewhere?  If anyone could point me towards a fix I'd greatly appreciate it. (mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm on mac and just tried parametric filters and it just shows a blank window with the names of the filters (I assume there would be images or preview thunmbnails) and I cannot click on anything.  Ever get any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of these Ai baseed new features are hard on system resources.  I got fed up with similar problems, like most of the Nueral Filters crashing my six year old system, and decided it was time for new hardware.  Every thing works now. It never crashes, and I can make use of all of Photoshop's Ai based features.  I suspect that a lot of the issues we see on this forum are related to aging hardware, no longer up to the ever more powerful apps we expect to run on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parametric Filters are not A.I. based.

Anyway, they are very slow, even on modern hardware. Most of those filters aren´t of any use. And they are resolution limited to 4096x4096px. If you use them on larger files, they are just upsampled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Parametric Filters are not A.I. based.

Anyway, they are very slow, even on modern hardware. Most of those filters aren´t of any use. 

In some video on the Parametric Filters I saw an emroidery-simulating one that looked pretty decent and the default Symmetry Filter and the Oil Paint Filter seem interesting. 

I am curious if they will ultimately share the fate of PixelBender (as far as Photoshop is concerned, their role in in the Substance suite is another matter naturally) … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines