• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Beta "Time to Update" Although on Newest Build

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed PS Beta from the Creative Cloud desktop application and after opening PS it tells me that I need to update the build. I double-checked and ensured the newest version of PS Beta was installed and it is, as well as uninstalling all adobe applications (Beta as well as standard) then reinstalling them after a computer restart. The orange dialog box in the top right corner says "Time to Update!" with a comment below saying that the current prerelase build is five weeks old so it is time to install the "new" one.

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

same issues... What helped tho was uninstalling and reinstalling again through CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jake

What do you see when you go Help > About Photoshop ?

image.png

If you really are having update problems, then it might be an Adobe server issue rather than you, because I have seen two other threads with a similar issue in the last hour.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends of the Mac version see here!!
After a long day of tossing, I finally found a solution
Here's how:
The three-finger trackpad slides up to bring up all the windows, and you can switch between several other apps such as browsers, WeChat or something, until your window overview can see that the PS beta app and the prompt box of Time to Update are in two different windows.
Then move the mouse to the yellow window of Time to Update, and swipe down the three-finger touch version to return to the PS interface
At this point, the window you currently select is the yellow window Time to Update, and pressing the shortcut command+W can close this annoying update window

[Cool] tip: This method does not create a new canvas, let the ps stay in the absence of any canvas file open, to be able to close the update prompt, otherwise when you press command+W, it will be recognized as closing the psd file you have created a new canvas. [Cool]

(I closed it and played it again, and after closing it again, I opened PS this time and never popped up again)

The only downside is that you may have to close this yellow window every time you enter PS, but fortunately it will not obscure the view of the menu because of this window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORK!!! Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great tip, worked for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check your CC app Beta tab and see if that says you are up to date.  If not and it does not want to update you, logging out and back in again might force the update.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it still can't close

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issues... What helped tho was uninstalling and reinstalling again through CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, uninstall, reinstall did it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a fix for it.

If you're a windows user do this:
Close Photoshop if open

Navigate to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Required\UXP\com.adobe.photoshop.inAppMessaging\js"

Locate the javaScript File "0.js"

Open the 0.js file in a text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc)

Search for 996633 in the file. You may see two entries. Locate the first instance.

Input ",display:none" (including the comma) right after "996633" (after the quotation marks no spaces)

Save the file

If you're a Mac user : 

Go to Applications and find the Adobe Photoshop (Beta) folder.
Then right click on the Adobe Photoshop (Beta) file and select "Show Package Contents"
From here you navigate to CONTENTS>REQUIRED>UXP>com.adobe.photoshop.inAppMessaging>JS
I then used TextEdit to change the 0.js file as I mentioned above.

(I moved to my desktop first then edited there, then moved the file back to the original location).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@defaultpi8ef53wpbty while that solution may remove the notice, functionality will end for old beta builds when new versions are available. I would avoid doing this. Simply uninstall the beta and then go to CC desktop app to download the new beta. Beta may not show available updates until you uninstall the previous build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines