Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop help

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am a newby in Ps and just strated to learn. I am getting stuck in the following: I use a tool or select a tool and I don't know what to do to stop using that tool and go to just the cursor. I am not sure I explain this clearly... How do I get to stop using a certain tool and going back to the regular cursor? For example, I worked on a project and the last tool I used was the magnifier. Now I cannot get rid of the magnifier. I started a new project , and while in deperation, I quit Ps and open again, it still opened with the magnifier selected.
Please, please help! Thank you!
ThreadPhotoshop community help
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really doesn't matter what tool is selected while you are not doing anything, but if there is a tool you could consider as a default, then that would be the Move tool.  (shortcut V)  The move tool has a lot of functionality.

We can right click anywhere inside the document window, and get a pop-up telling us all layers that have content at that cursor position.  If the cursor had been far enough to the right, right clicking would have shown just Red Square Background.

image.png

There is an option in the Options bar when the Move tool is selected.  The smart way to work is to have this unselected.

What you can do then is hold down the Cmd (Ctrl) key and click over an object, and that layer will be automatically selected.

It will also display Smart Guides with positional and size information when you hover with the Move tool.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines