• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Off Your Generative Fill Creations from Photoshop beta

Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team cannot wait to see what you've created with this thrilling, new, beta technology!
Photo & Editing Credit: Russell Preston BrownPhoto & Editing Credit: Russell Preston Brown

This is the FUN sharing post.
We've been having such a blast exprimenting and playing for the past few months, it's so exciting to have you join in the joy!

Show off those creations! Bonus if you also upload the orignal image and the prompts.
Ready! Set! GO!
Thank you for trying out Photoshop (beta).

P.S. Provide Feedback and help shape Generative Fill: If you would like to provide feedback on the overall experience, report any bugs, or suggest new features please let us know in the beta community announcement.

If you prefer Discord, you can find us there too!

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really enjoying the possibilities of 'Generative Fill' within Photoshop, it's undoubtedly an amazing tool for photo retouching but it also opens new avenues for creativity.
I'm attaching one of the first experiments of many that Im doing.
Starting from a portrait generated in Adobe Firefly then I use Generative Fill to expand, modify and even add effects (as overlays) and end up in this 360º Panorama (in FaceBook format).
Partial conclusions:
1. It works perfectly, even with a PC machine already a bit old.
2. The ban of some words are a small annoyance, hopefully it will be cleared up soon (it feels like censorship).
3. Adobe's AI Model(s) works wonderfully in terms of photography, speaking of artistic styles its still very poor from my point of view (and the experience with other AI Models), I guess there's plenty of material to train a model without getting into copyright conflicts (Adobe could even hire artists to train models ad hoc, not everyone hates AI).
The day Adobe enables 'Generative Fill' in the standard PS version ¡we will have a Big Bang!
Cheers!

The starting image:

Starting-point_s.jpg

and the finished 'collage' 360º panorama

AD_IA_360_01.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beta generative fill before.jpgbeta generative fill after.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What prompts did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do you scaled the generated objects?  Deer is too small and racoon is too big...

Casella.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could experiment with the size and shape of your selection. Also you could use Free Transform on the generated layer then hit Generate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an image I created this afternoon. I changed her dress, mouth, eyes and nose. The background was plain black so I changed it to suit

model 2 .jpg

 A face that could grace the front cover of any magazine on the planet. 🥰

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just have fun with that new generative fill tool! It's fantastic and exciting to see what will be next in the final version. So, I've created this from scratch, first was a sky with dry grass, after the barn house, etc, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before

Capture_2306251342.png

After

Capture_2306251359.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before

Capture_2306161418.jpg

After

Capture_2306161419.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @JR Boulay! We'd love to feature this in a blog, please check your DMs (top right corner, envelope icon) if interested! 

Thank you,

Caity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image comes from the French edition of Computer Arts #65 magazine. At the time (more than 10 or 15 years ago), the CD-ROM that came with the magazine contained about 10 to 20 'royalty-free' images supplied by an image bank every month.
In the case of this image, it was Ingram who donated it if we refer to the file name: "CA65-Ingram-15.jpg".

You can download the original file here, but I couldn't find anything interesting in the metadata: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/be892a08-5fb0-4a0a-5c57-1000991f47fa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reality

Capture_2306171634.png

Instagram post

Capture_2306171634.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Befor

David26056235gas7_0-1687910076982.png

After

David26056235gas7_1-1687910115709.jpeg

Started with the hand in shower and expanded it to a sushi resturant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to try some painting from scratch. The first prompt was "a highly detailed painting of ancient Rome and the tiber river". I felt this was pretty good by itself, but I wanted more details.

AncientRome1.jpg

So I continued adding elements, replacing others, deleting some. There are a few areas where I used the new Remove Tool, and I added the reflection of the obelisk to the water manually. I was pleasantly surprised by how the software seems to understand the rules of perspective (most of the time).

AncientRome2.jpg

In general, I was highly impressed by the new AI generative fill, and think it could become an indispensible tool for artists. Perhaps not for a final complete artwork, but certainly as a starting point to work on and refine manually.

Some observations

1. Adding new elements can include quite a bit of trial and error, mostly regenerating repeatedly until I got something that looked accepatable. Also selection size and shape seems to matter quite a bit, especially when trying to get a new element to fit to a specific size

2. A couple of times, the results were rather odd/unexpected, rewording the prompt often helped. However, sometimes I had to give up and come up with another idea

3. I received a few warnings that some images violated the terms of use, but couldn't work out for the life of me what anyone could have possibly taken exception to - even a couple of times when I just hit "Generate" without any prompt at all simply to remove an object. I had to resort to using the new Remove Tool, which is also amazing BTW. Another time it objected to the prompt "human figure in a toga". Rewording the prompt to "human figure" worked. Perhaps togas are just too risqué. LOL  This was a small annoyance though.

4. "A painting of a large statue of a roman god" left me completely awestruck!

I can't wait until Adobe adds this new functionality to the main release. Well done Adobe, for the most part!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a couple of your prompts and this is what it came up with. 

roman god.pngUntitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got similar when asking for ancient Egypt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent.  I love the Roman god statue.  Looks like he may have had a little too much to drink though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture_2306161409.jpg

Capture_2306161412.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robe-noire-before.jpg

Robe-noire-after.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moto garage AdobeStock_297897566.jpeg

Moto garage AdobeStock_297897566.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adoptable dog named Matisse. Before and after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a pic I created in 5 minutes. Had to do some work the womans face but all in all it'd pretty good.

003 PARK.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one I did yesterday.... Being in Scotland we have a great sense of fun, beautiful scenery and women of course. The scene is Glenmunchie Castle

Glenmunchie Castle & guests.jpg

by the shores of Loch Gummy, with Nessie and some of her Friends. Barney the blootered haggis, his small cousin Frankie the flying haggis, and the three lovely lassies ( All AI ) Nessie & the two haggi are images I've had in my collection for ages. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's mine with a photo I took.
Before
20230603_170204_sm.jpg

Generative Fill
20230603_170204b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i like the landscape extension part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines