Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Photoshop Beta

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I installed the photoshop beta a while back to test the generative AI technology.  A lot of that has been built into the normal version of Photoshop, which also has all my brushes and presets.  However I cannot set photos to open with the normal photoshop by default anymore. Double clicking on a photo opens in the Beta and I don't want this.

I went to uninstall the Photoshop Beta from my creative cloud but see that is not an option.  How do I get out of the photoshop beta?

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Capture d’écran 2023-08-09 à 08.54.09.jpgPS Beta is lower on the left handside panel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of my creative cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2023-08-09 à 08.54.09.jpgPS Beta is lower on the left handside panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I missed the notification of your reply but this helps me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that's what I was looking for.  Thanks.  I am not wild about the Beta version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to uninstall Beta Photoshop for days now without any success. I did follow the suggestion of going to Beta Apps and tried to find "uninstall" option, but it's not there. Instead there is "waiting" and "cancel" options, both don't work. Is there any other way to get rid of Beta Photoshop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yuliahart,

Try the following. I had the same problem.

Open the Adobe Creative Cloud app. It is probably installed on your
computer. On my iMac the icon looks like this:

[image: Adobe CC.png]

When Creative Cloud is open, click on the Apps icon, and then go to the
Beta section at the lower end of the page. You should see many Beta
products Adobe offers.

[image: Beta-apps.jpg]

If you have the Beta Photoshop installed it should show up in the list as
Installed. Click the three dots next to the Installed icon, and you should
get an Uninstall option.

This worked for me.

I was not a fan of the Beta Photoshop at all. This drove me crazy for days.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yuliahart,

Try the following.  I had the same problem.
Open the Adobe Creative Cloud app.  It is probably installed on your computer.  On my iMac the icon looks like this:
Adobe CC.png

When Creative Cloud is open, click on the Apps icon, and then go to the Beta section at the lower end of the page.  You should see many Beta products Adobe offers.

Beta-apps.jpg

If you have the Beta Photoshop installed it should show up in the list as Installed.  Click the three dots next to the Installed icon, and you should get an Uninstall option.  

This worked for me.  
I was not a fan of the Beta Photoshop at all.  This drove me crazy for days.
Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can not find out how to uninstall Photoshop Beta. The Beta tab is no longer in the sidebar and it's not under Prerelease either. Any other suggestions? My sidebard screenshot is included. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you jelliott2k, This screenshot you shared was exaclty the help I needed to figure out where the uninstall option was hiden for the Beta products. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tips listed here to uninstall beta version worked however my current photoshop (latest but not beta) no longer associates image files with photoshop. I get an error message whenever I double click a file to pull it into photoshop. Same to same when double clicking on image in bridge - error message. I can pull a file into photoshop using 'open' command inside photoshop.

Suggestions? I am currently uninstalling photoshop and will reinstall it. If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss.

Thank you inadvance for your reply. Love you guys... and there's nothing you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm sure you fixed this by now, but....right click on any openable file (psd, jpg, etc that you usually want to open with photohsop) > 'open with' > 'other' > *click applications in left bar, assuming it didn't auto-open to applications* > select photoshop in list (adobe photoshop 20xx) > then before you click 'open' at the bottom, tick the 'always open with' box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines