• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush flickering to curosr arrow

Contributor ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reposting this bug because the first post has been merged with another unrelated bug report. https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-brush-outline-circle-disappearing-when-wor... ) : since Photoshop 24.1, the brush cursor is flickering as if there is some lag/buffer when I'm drawing. Usually when i draw small lines rapidly (like hatchings, to give you the idea). The usual cursor of the brush shape disappears during one 10th of second or 1 second and turns to the normal white arrow mouse cursor. I signal this bug because it doesn't seem to happen on Photoshop 23.5.3 that  i have also installed on my computer.

Both versions are up to date and I checked the same performance settings on both.

I'm on Windows 11 and my graphic card is an NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070.

It looks like that (not my video but it looks exactly like this bug) : https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments/fxryv6/brush_or_other_brushlike_tool_changing_to_cursor/
This bug has not been corrected since. I'm currently working on Photoshop 24.0.
In 24.4.1 the bug is still here and there is even a bug with the shadow behind the floating canvas flickering with each stroke of brush.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug that must be fixed. Some users have reported that they are experiencing it on macos as well.
This is a bug that has been reported a lot in several communities, including Reddit, as well as the official community of Adobe. Please do not move this to the Discussions tab or merge with other unrelated threads.

This is a bug that occurs not only when using the brush but also clone stamp, and it is an independent bug that has nothing to do with the presence or absence of a layer or mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Photoshop 2024.  Mac desktop.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow!  That would annoy the heck out of me. Can you use the beta version or V24 while waiting?  That has to be totally unuable as it is!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis 

24.0.1 was effective for me. Some users experienced that bug throughout Photosap 2023 and even seemed to have some improvements at 24.7,25.0, but it actually got much the same or worse.
To avoid that bug more safely, use Photoshop 2022 and there's no such brush cursor bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this on my m2 mac in 2024.  I googled for help and there are people complaining about this since 2012.  Adobe really is a disgrace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this as it worked for me. If you use and have Google Chrome open, quit and reopen it. This stopped my cursor from flickering. Not sure if other browsers impact it the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm on Firefox and browser open or not, it happens anyway. It happens less frequently since 2 or 3 photoshop upgrades now, though, proof that it has something to do with the software architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

full time concept artist running a high-end windows 10 PC. Constant flickering of the cursor between photoshop brush cursors and Windows arrow cursor while using brush tool in photoshop (Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.2.2 20220304.r.325 49bf0ec x64). This issue occurs with the brush shape cursor, or the precision cursor style shown with Caps-Lock turned on - both flash constantly to my Windows arrow while painting.

Intel Core i9-12900k 12th Gen Alder Lake 16-Core 3.2 GHz
32 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also suffering from this bug.

The current latest version v25.91 still has no fix.

This bug occurs on a daily basis.
But it occurs more frequently, especially immediately after using a layer mask.
Please refer to the reference video.

Some people say that Photoshop 2022 is fine, but in my case Photoshop 2022 behaves the same way.

It is very inconvenient and I sincerely hope it will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines