Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 21: undefined is not an object

Explorer ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using PS 24.5.0 on a M1 Mac.

Everytime I like to save an image (Ctrl + S) I get this error. The image will be saved, but I get this every time. I'm not shure, maybe since I installed the beta of PS. Now the beta is uninstalled.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-29 um 16.40.28.jpg

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks, Stefan

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Problem solved!

I deinstalled PS (kept all settings) an reinstalled it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved!

I deinstalled PS (kept all settings) an reinstalled it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to 24.6. This fixed my Error 21 issue, as well as the issue with 'Edit in Photoshop' from Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exact same error started happening to me this morning.   Fortunately there was an update available and that fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What update fixed the problem? This problem started happening to me AFTER I installed the latest update. Not before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right,  I just updated and this is the first thing I see after hitting save.  Did you figure this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I uninstalled the 24.7 version that I just updated and then reinstalled it and now it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downgraded back to 24.6 and the problem is gone. So it's DEFINITELY something in the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I downgrade to 24.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to creative clouds , you can do it from their just remember preserve the settings when Adobe ask giving that option 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andreajan 

To downgrade to 24.6:

On the Creative Cloud app, go to the All Apps Tab. Find Photoshop. Click on the three dots all the way to the right. On the drop-down menu choose 'Other versions'. You'll be able to pick 24.6 from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started getting this error as well when saving Tiff files. 

Also having issues trying to open images from lightroom into photoshop. 
So far I have found that I need to open them as smart objects to get them to open, but when saving I get the above mentioned error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same exact problem, out of the blue. Updated a couple weeks ago, this just started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message. I can't export any RAW files from LR into PS. I can open TIFs, but it's not working with the RAWs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

The same issues are with "save as" and it can't open from Lightroom to Photoshop.  Adobe should fix this issue. Downgrading is not the correct answer or solution.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 24.6 and am getting that error message. I cannot open LR files as layers or individually in PS 24.6. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provided a fix for the problem with the latest update (24.7).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beth Lily Redwood no they didn't. The problem started for me AFTER upgrading to 24.7 and went away once I went back to 24.6. I had no issues in 24.6 before the upgrade. So it seems that in fixing it for people that had the issue in 24.6, they created the issue for others in 24.7. So I'm stuck on 24.6 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry this happened to you. I had the reverse issue. I hope it’s fixed soon for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. 

Since I uploaded the most recent version of PS (24.7.0 Release) and Lr (Ver. 12.4 Camera Raw 15.4), I can't export 2 photos at the same time from LR to PS. PS opens but nothing gets imported. Nothing happens. 

Exporting 1 photo from LR to PS works. But after making adjustments I can't save the file and get this error message: Error 21: Undefined is not an object. Line: 1 -> 

Anybody encountered this issue and how to solve this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, I ended up downgrading to 24.6 to see if it works and so far things seem to be back to normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting back to PS 24.6 will also fix the issue with files not opening in PS when using the "Edit In" function in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have/had the samer error on Photoshop 24.7 (MacOS M2Pro on Ventura 13.5), and it was fixed for me by uninstalling 24.7 using the Creative Cloud app (saving preferences), and then reinstalling 24.7 (same version) using the app. 

I am unable to open LR -> Adobe Photoshop Beta, however, after doing the same procedure with that app. My workaroud is to generate the PSD using production Photoshop (24.7) and then opening it in Photoshop Beta from Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same happend to me , i have apple MAC M2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downgraded It with a lower version , the problem is in Lightroom last update , have that problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines