Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Handtool issue

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before :
If I click the spacebar and click and hold the left mouse button, I can move the canvas. If I release the left mouse button, the canvas stops moving and i can select the next point to move the canvas.
Now (probably after an update):
If I click the spacebar and click and hold down the left mouse button, I can move the canvas. Now, if I release the left mouse button, the canvas often still moves (sticky). This is very random. I then have to click again so the canvas stop moving. It costs me a lot of annoyance and extra time for editing.

I made a video to clarify the issue.

Is it a bug?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unchecking Spring-loaded Tools in your Preferences.

thejanebradbury_0-1681286049233.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, this setting did not fix it. The problem seems to get worse the longer I work in photoshop. Thus, when I have edited more photos. When photoshop has just been opened, it takes a while before this problem occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already report this, last year(2022). Yes its bug.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/sometimes-space-bar-is-retained-have-...

But maybe Adobe didn't think it was a bug, some arbitrators moved my bug reporting post to the Discussions tab and didn't get noticed.

The solution is to press the space bar one more time.
That's all.

I tried the original keyboard, bought a new one, tried my team members' keyboards and tested each other, but all Windows 10 computers got that bug. It's not a keyboard problem.

A stable version where this definitely doesn't happen is Photoshop in 2021. A bug from the early version of 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Clicking the space bar one more time does not work in my case. For me, I have to click the left mouse button one more time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry that the spring-loaded trick didn't work. I use the spacebar and mouse to move around all the time (I'm on Windows 10) and I haven't noticed any problems with any updates recently. Is it possible it is the mosue button that is sticking? I see you mention that it starts working again if you click it a second time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answer,

I tried another (brand new) mouse but the problem still occurs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the issue still happen if you disable flick panning in Preferences >Tools?

You will need to click OK then close and  restart Photoshop after making a change.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Flick panning was already disabled. I have read that solution in another post. This option does not affect the problem in a positive way.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, I just got off the support chat with Adobe.  I had the same/similar issue you're describing if I am not mistaken.

What they ended up doing was temporarily disabling "Enable Content-Aware Tracing Tool" in Preferences > Technology Previews.  Next, he shut down Photoshop.  Then he navigated to "C:\Users\(YOUR USER ID)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Adobe Photoshop 2023 Settings\"  (You may have to enable 'show hidden folders' if not enabled).  Once there, he renamed "Adobe Photoshop 2023 Prefs.psp" to "Adobe Photoshop 2023 Prefs.psp.old"  

This forces Photoshop to generate a new preferences file.  Note: it did not reset any of my brushes, keyboard shortcuts, or actions, but it did reset my tool panel and some of the preferences like number of undo states, flick-panning, etc. to the Photoshop defaults, under the Preferences menu.  I had to reset those, so if you don't know all of yours by heart, go through the Preferences tabs and takes photos of the settings you have first.  Then, ultimately, I reenabled the Content-Aware Tracing Tool as well.  

When all this was done, my mouse stopped "sticking" when dragging selections and objects, and stopped "sticking" when using the pan tool as well.  Finally. I was living with that for too long.  Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

Initially, the "Enable Content-Aware Tracing Tool" was already deactivated in my case. I nevertheless changed the "Adobe Photoshop 2023 Prefs.psp" to "old". Photoshop generated a new file but unfortunately this did not solve the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution now?

-------
I don't speak English well and use Google Translate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jqqerry   ...thanks! 

-------
I don't speak English well and use Google Translate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines