• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

impossible to work with RAW files with this MacBook Pro M1Max

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, impossible to open RAW files (coming from my lumix S5 and canon R7) on Camera RAW, I systematically have the error message "impossible to do this action because photoshop does not recognize this type of file". No matter how much I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, so with the very latest versions and it never works on my Macbook pro m1max (while it works without any problem on my my macbook air m1....), I really don't see nothing more to do and I'm blocked to work...

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tyjo2 sorry you are having issues.

Try resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS*) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting preferences as outlined should fix this but if not, go into your System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura), >Security & Privacy, >Full Disk Access, do you see Photoshop listed? If not, add it and try again.
This explains how to do so for Photoshop:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-learn-how-to-give-full-dis...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines