Exit

Learn how to give full disk access to Photoshop on macOS: 🔎 Quick Tip

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2QUICK TIPS format header.jpg

How to provide full disk access on macOS

Did you know Apple introduced a new privacy structure (macOS 10.14 - Mojave) to help ensure all apps obtain user consent before accessing documents, downloads, desktop, iCloud Drive, and network volumes. This has been reinforced in newer versions of macOS. This change prevents unauthorized access to user files and folders.

When Full Disk access & Accessibility permissions are needed, users may be asked to or be required to change the setting in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy for Photoshop manually.   

While for the File & Folders access, the user is prompted to allow or deny when needed. 

Why provide full disk access to Photoshop?

Insufficient or broken permissions may restrict Photoshop from functioning correctly and breaking your workflows. All tasks that require access to the computer's storage opening/saving files, cross-app workflows, launching an application,  and more, behave unexpectedly. It may also lead to program errors, performance issues, and app crashes on launch or while working on a file. 

MohitGoyal_0-1688894152134.png

Quick steps to enable full disk access and grant permissions to Photoshop 

Follow these steps to prevent the permissions issues from occurring: 

❶  Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Click the Lock icon > Authorize via password > Unlock the lock to allow changes to system settings. 

SameerK_0-1649863460950.png

Add Photoshop by clicking on the (+) button & navigate to the Applications folder on macOS.

SameerK_1-1650453059634.png

Go to Full Disk Access and add Photoshop by clicking on the (+) button & navigate to the Applications folder on macOS .
Note: Adding Photoshop under Full Disk Access overrides Files and Folders settings. 

SameerK_0-1650452893383.png

Click the Lock icon to save the changes. Restart your computer to see the applied changes. 

If you want to learn more about Photoshop in little bite-sized chunks, visit the Quick Tips home page.

Related links:

Troubleshoot Photoshop crash or freeze

Photoshop system requirements 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am incredibly frustrated. Adobe PS is no longer opening and I unable to open either PS 2023 or 2024.  I want to do this but don't have the option to add with the + or - sign. I am on a new Macbook Air with OS Venture 13.5.  I have attached a screenshot. 

I was able to give full disc access, but again, the screens look totally different to what you are showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you honestly believe a photo editing program needs access to your documents, downloads and desktop for their product to work editing photos? Seriously this company is in kahoots with CCP likely and needs to be shut down. Wethere they are or not theri dangerous. Oh and of course it downloaded the cloud creater I never asked for or wanted and I cant get it off my computer. It wont delete. I trust the cloud less then Adobe. You think its some heavenly angelic group running it? Its digusting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don’t understand an issue you should probably not draw deliberately bizarre conclusions and post them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything mentioned above, but it still didn't work. I'm so frustrated because this has never happened to me before. The problem started after I updated to the new version, and now it won't launch for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines