Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OpenCL

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2023-11-16 153613.jpg

Yesterday PS seemed to work fine. Then I updated my graphics card driver and now this...

I already tried everything. Installed previous version fo the driver etc... nothing helps. 

How to solve this anyone plz?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default28269561ped9fa are you using the studio or gaming driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default28269561ped9fa is this a laptop or desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I had the game ready driver installed. Now I have studio driver. I tried older verions too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are indications that there may be a problem with the Sniffer.exe in v 25. In another thread, a user managed to replace it with the previous sniffer.exe, and then the problems stopped.

This is under investigation. We'll just have to see how it plays out. Can you roll back to v 24 for now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I roll back to the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall, and install v24 from the CC desktop app. Click the three dots and choose "previous versions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting exactly the same error message with my RTX 4070 since today. Is this a bug in the new Photoshop version 25.1? The message suddenly popped up. I have already tried a few solutions, but unfortunately nothing has helped. Do I just have to wait until the next PS update? HELP, PLS! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's a disgrace... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! 😟 I'm also facing the same issue with my RTX 4070 and the new Photoshop version 25.1. Tried a few fixes with no luck. Wondering if it's a bug too. Has anyone found a solution, or are we in the waiting game for the next PS update? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 🤞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far I tried every "solution" I could find on internet and youtube, but to no avail.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious about whether this is a real or "false" error message. Is there anything that actually doesn't work as it should?

OpenCL shouldn't be very much in use these days, mostly it should be migrated over to the DirectX APIs by now (along with OpenGL). But a few functions probably remain.

Please report back here any missing/misbehaving functionality

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would be very interesting to know if it's just a false error message. @D Fosse 

I have now even explicitly assigned the dedicated graphics card to Photoshop in the NVIDIA control panel ("Manage 3D settings" - "Program settings"). In the second drop-down menu, click on the "NVIDIA High Performance Processor" entry. None of this helped, although it would be absolutely logical.

If anyone else has a hint or solution, please let me know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[UPDATE Nov 23th, 2023]

As I opened Photoshop today, I noticed that the error message no longer appeared. I checked again and indeed it now says "Your graphics processor is compatible" followed by green :white_heavy_check_mark:.

Can you check this for yourselves? Maybe the change in the NVIDIA control panel has made a difference?

In any case, weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[UPDATE Nov 23th, 2023]

As I opened Photoshop today, I noticed that the error message no longer appeared. I checked again and indeed it now says "Your graphics processor is compatible" followed by green check marks.

Can you check this for yourselves? Maybe the change in the NVIDIA control panel has made a difference?

In any case, weird.

...followed by green check marks. Sorry! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeh the error message is gone for me too now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines