Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Artboard display glitch in all versions since PS.22

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since a few years, I have been struggling with a display bug that happen on PS since at least version 22 (and probably a few versions earlier but I cannot download previous versions on the creative cloud to test).

This bug happen on all computers I tried (laptops and desktops) and I would like to know if it happens also for anyone else. This bug make it difficult to move layers around to see the end result.

The steps to reproduce are in the screenshot.

The glitch only happen in artboards when at least 2 layers are selected. The layers have to be rasterized pixels or smart objects. If there is a shape layer or any layer FX, the glitch won't happen.

I already contacted the customer service and despite their best effort (driver updates, preferences settings etc) they couldn't fix this issue. This make me think it's a software related bug.

Kindly let me know if someone else is able to reproduce.

Regards,

Olivier

My actual specs:

Win10 -Ryzen 5900x - RTX 3070 - 64GB RAM - Multiple SSDs

(all my previous spec had a Nvidia discreet card if that matters)PS-bug-artboards.png

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Hi @olivierd42825091  I can reproduce this.  Thank you for reporting it. I'll submit a bug for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few other remarks:

- you can hide/show any layer in the palette and it will refresh/update the display.

- if you use "transform" to move layers around it wont be cut but the "preview" will not be correctly rendered while moving, and then it has to recalculate any layer effect when you commit. This make moving layers painfull if you have a lot of them with effetcs like gaussian blur or else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @olivierd42825091  I can reproduce this.  Thank you for reporting it. I'll submit a bug for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chad, can't wait to see that solved.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this is still an ongoing issue. Any fixes??

Votes

Translate

Translate