• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto Blend Layers not focus blending - Photoshop 2014.1

LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 registered images of fungi, all images are at the same exposure settings but focused at different levels within the frame. I need to 'blend' together to make one image with a combined DoF.
Ok, so I've imporetd into PSCC as 4 stacked Layers, non of which are Background Layers. I've selected all 4, auto alligned and then used Auto Blend Layers [ABL]. The outcome is that the top 3 layers have totaly black masks applied and the bottom all white. All I basically get as an output is one of the 4 images, no selectivity whatsoever, presumably because of the 3 totally black masks. It also executes the process very quickly.
I assume ABL should be selecting the better focused areas on each image [white on the black masks] and combining all to give me one image with collective DoF. This isn't happening

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014
This issue is fixed in the 2014.2 update. See the update announcement here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 202 Replies 202
202 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe's ability now with CC to roll out updates quickly, can we expect a fix to something that was working, but now broken to be fixed quickly? Or do they have to wait until they have a lot of bugs to repair before they roll out an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do insect macro and use that feature almost daily.....this is not good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not reverting back to CC2014.0 for one feature; I just use CC when I need to Auto-Blend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this feature a lot and can't believe it's not working since being persuaded to move to cloud based versions of Photoshop and Lightroom only a week ago.

Could the Adobe team please give us an estimated time to fix? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to do focus-stacking everything is OK until reaching Auto-Blend with Stack option.Message comes up 'COULD NOT COMPLETE Auto-Blend Layers command because of a Progam failure'.
How to correct this problem? If Seamless Tones & Colours is disconnected program runs!!!
Help.
Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2014 Aug 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHOTOSHOP CC 2014 (2014.1.0): AUTO - BLEND FAILURE WHEN FOCUS STACKING.
AUTO - BLEND in photoshop is not working. Why is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this, I can use the previous version, but it's a pain because the new version is now integrated with Lightroom. Please just stick the old code back in the new photoshop and make an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot say I'm too impressed after all the hype about the CC. I did a class where I supposed to teach macro photography, and it was kind embarrassing when I tried to demonstrate focus stacking with images I had tested before at home when I prepared the course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2014 Sep 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Focus Stacking works great in PS CS 6, poorly in PS CC and not at all in PS CC 2014.
Not only don't we have Mini Bridge anymore but we don't have focus stacking any more either. With two major losses from CS6 whats the point of the cloud based product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used many versions of Photoshop in the past for some time for focus stacking. It's usually pretty easy. I shoot my stack, import to Lightroom, usually correct one image in LR, copy the settings to the other images, select them all and use "edit in" to "open as layers in Photoshop."

I then select all the layers, and "auto align" them. I then select all the layers and "auto blend" them. I usually then have a bunch of layers with variable layer masks which I either try to retouch or just flatten. My computer is a new Mac Pro with plenty of SSD space and RAM.

I did this yesterday with 24 images of a dahlia. They were shot with a D800E, 85mm PCE lens, on a sturdy Gitzo 3 series tripod with an Arca B1 head and RRS rail. I used Photoshop CC 2014.

I ended up with all blank black layer masks except for the bottom one, which was white. The image was clearly NOT focus stacked when I flattened it. It had huge out of focus areas.

I took the same images and did the same thing on my Macbook Pro laptop and got the same result using Photoshop CC 2014

I downloaded a trial of Helicon Focus and tried using it on the Mac Pro and the result looked great. I'm happy to invest in software that works but I do pay US$9.99/month for Creative Cloud and feel it should do what it says it will do and what it has done before.

I then did the same thing with Photoshop CS6 on the new Mac Pro and VOILA it worked like it used to.

Has anyone else tried this and had similar problems with CC 2014? It sounds like a bug, a serious bug for me, with CC 2014.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and I reverted to the previous version. It's been over 30 days now since Adobe acknowledged the problem and I don't think they have issued any status update as to when this will be fixed. Would be nice to hear from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially true as there was an Adobe video on Facebook last week saying how great the feature is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update I am having the same problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dissapointelly found, that in PS CC it is a problem with Auto Blend Layers. Than trying to stack focus in my images, it's only placing the white mask on the last layer, not defining the sharp areas. Found a lot of notes about of this problem, but it seems still didn't fixes! https://forums.adobe.com/thread/15427...
seraphoet@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded the new update for CC. Now THE AUTO MERGE PANORAMA WILL NOT STITCH!!!!!!. is anyone else having this problem. stupid updates adobe please fix this bug ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same underlying cause as this issue - which we have acknowledged and are testing a fix for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been over a month since the problem with auto merge was noted, but still no fix. Any idea when this issue will be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me why I can not find a previous version of Photoshop in the app section so I can revert to using the working version not the bugged version!
I am going to the previous version section, Could it be that I am currently using 30 trial?
Adobe hurry up!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks, I am having the exact same problem, on trial, time running out and unable to use the Stack feature. Earlier posts suggest downloading earlier version of CC but I can't even do that. Adobe is getting a bad name, I am also on trial with Helicon Focus, soooooo much easier, so much faster too

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have discovered that the panorama photo-merge in PS CC2014 is not alining images very well. I have had to revert back to Photoshop CS6 to obtain a correctly alined panorama.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

despite different descriptions, this is the same underlying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to focus stack, align and blend 3 mages in PS CC 2014. I also contacted technical support and they confirmed the bug. We replicated the bug. The feature works in CC but not PS CC 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hoped the newest update would fix this since reported over a month ago and since it is not a new feature should not pose a large challenge to correct

but it appears not

I use this feature frequently and am paying for the new version by subscription so I would lke to use it not be told to use outdated version that has other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just blew me away!!! I can't tell you how many hours I tried to fix the issue. I spent another 2 hours with technical support. Only after lengthy talks did they determine it was a bug. Not only is this so irritating but what a freaking waste of time!!! I wish I could sent them a freking bill!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem; been tearing my hair and swearing up a storm til I found this discussion. Re-installed the prior version and all is well in focus-stacking-land. Unsatisfactory, Adobe. Breaking stuff is bad. Knowing about it and not fixing it is worse. How will we know when it's safe to re-upgrade? Of course the Cloud app is now pinging for upgrade to the latest, but that is pointless until I know that this critical issue is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate