• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't export to this location while using Export As to a folder with special characters

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says photoshop refuses to export to certain folders for no apparent reason with the attached screenshot.

it appears has problem with exporting to any folder that's more that about 3 levels deep - for example /users/me/Downloads works but /users/me/download/test doesn't 

this has only started happening since updating today to 22.3. 

if I run photoshop under Rosetta it works fine export to locations that before apparently photoshop was unable to export to previously 

I've allowed photoshop full disk access but that doesn't solve the issue when running photoshop nativity 

Screenshot20210310at12.26.19-1b9b3b4f-46d8-41a3-8811-f1980c08be88-379174632.pngScreenshot20210310at12.26.19-1b9b3b4f-46d8-41a3-8811-f1980c08be88-379174632.png
{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

This issue reported by the OP was fixed in Photoshop 22.5.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Hi all,

We're sorry for the export issue. We have acknowledged this problem and working on it. In the meanwhile, you can try the below workarounds for now:

Use Save As to export

Use Export As using Rosetta‌‌ (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861)

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
20 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after further testing its only paths that include a # at start of the folder that you exporting to cause that error message to be displayed and folders that contain an # somewhere in them cause weird behaviour.

In that cause photoshop appears to export to the folder you've selected but it just exports to the folder above and saves two files both with the folder name before the hash (one in the format you've selected and one extension less 0 byte file) see attach video

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o-66-XcEknQ" style="max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%;" width="640px"></iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Photoshop 22.3 is really nice and quick. However, today I've discovered after finishing my artwork, that Quick Export As PNG is no longer working like it did in 22.2. I tried switching the different options on and off and it still doesn't work. If I set the option to choose the location where it exports to under "Preferences", it prompts me with this message:

ScreenShot20210313at12.30.30PM-1ad7d7b0-ef33-467b-bba0-8c283ded6a25-126353396.png
No worries, however, I can still export normally via the export panel. Whoops Export Panel is also broken here, can't export anything. No worries, I've just saved it as a .psd for now. Just wanted to let the people at Adobe know. 🙂
Thanks!
Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried it just out of curiosity after reading your post with the newly installed Windows10-latest version on the PC, and here it works. Did not work with the Windows version two days ago. 22.3 seems to be very sensitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I will wait using it on the M1 Macbook Air until these reported bugs are fixed. Ruins much time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Just wondering where to submit a bug report and the Adobe pages led me here. So this is where it is hahah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same for me here also. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the export issue. We have acknowledged this problem and working on it. In the meanwhile, you can try the below workarounds for now:

Use Save As to export

Use Export As using Rosetta‌‌ (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861)

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the prompt acknowledgement! Thanks for the tips! I didn't know I could check the Open Using Rosetta box. I thought I had to redownload the Intel version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this problem by enabling " use legacy "export as" " in prefrences panel.

edit > prefrences > use legacy "export as"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that if you have "#" anywhere in the photoshop file name it will not export. I removed "#" from my photoshop file name and it worked. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue reported by the OP was fixed in Photoshop 22.5.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding that this issue still exists if the file name contains a "#" in it, even in 22.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cathryndiane @EZMEDIA You both are seeing a different issue with # in the file name. Are you both on windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having thie issue. I just changed over to iMac M1. Tried PS 2020 and had permissions issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mcrocker01 Is the problem for you, that # symbol in the file name you get an error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 2020 MBA M1 and I'm having the same issue. I now have upgraded to Photoshop 23.0.0 and I dont see the option to enable "use legacy" in my export preference menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, that fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry I kinda forgot to check back in with this. I am on windows and I noticed that if I include "#" anywhere in the photoshop file name, not in the export name, that it will not allow me to export. I had a client send over a bunch of images grouped in folders that needed to be cut out and I desided for simplicity to use the folder names they had as the photoshop file names and the were numbered using "#" in it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After trying everything this is what worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate