• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't Scroll through fonts using arrow keys

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when trying to preview different fonts in Photoshop i am unable to scroll through them using the arrow keys, it just doesnt move

The font do not appear and do not change in the menu when i click scroll down nothing happens

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.5.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.5.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
56 Comments
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure

In this example I scroll down to the "Harry P" font and close the font chooser. When I use the down arrow I would then expect it to go through the next fonts alphabetically - Heavyweight, then Heineken, etc .  But what happens is the "Harry P" font goes to the very top of the list so when I scroll down, it starts at the top, and then scrolls to the last fonts used - in this case "Noto Color Emoji SVG", then "Segoe UI Emoji", then "5x7 DOT Matrix". When I pop open the font chooser you can see why. This is changed behaviour. Prior to this most recent update, if you arrowed up and down it went from where the font was alphabetically in the list, not from where it ends up after using it (I guess most-recent fonts now appear at the top of the list). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chrisell99 Thanks for the video! I see what you mean now. In Preferences, under the Type tab, change your Recent Fonts list to zero and try again. Please let us know if that solves it for you.

JEL_0-1667572130744.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - aha - yes - that cures it. Now there's no 'recents' at the top of the list, it arrows through from the alphabetical sort location of the original font. Thank you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrific. Glad I could help and happy you are back in business again! Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be still a problem.... This costs me so much time rn, it's annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @wnwka, sorry to hear scrolling through fonts using the arrow keys isn't working for you. What have you tried so far to fix it? When did it start happening? What Photoshop release are you using and on what OS? If you give us some more info we'll try to help you sort it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate