• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Can't Scroll through fonts using arrow keys

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when trying to preview different fonts in Photoshop i am unable to scroll through them using the arrow keys, it just doesnt move

The font do not appear and do not change in the menu when i click scroll down nothing happens

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.5.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.5.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
56 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the workaround those of us on this forum are working about. That isn't a solution. especially since the menu takes up a good portion of the screen. This problem (among many others such as what Adobe did with guides) are still not resolved. These workarounds still have an impact on day-to-day professional use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now when I scroll through the fonts (with the drop down open, blech!) I get this error message: "Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable font". It allows me to scroll through about 3 or 4 fonts (all CC fonts, BTW) before I get this pop up. It's exhausting running back to these forums nearly every day just to troubleshoot ANOTHER bug. I'm seriously just trying to get my work done here, Adobe. Stop making it more difficult, please.2022-08-14_11-32-49.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addemdum to my last post: Photoshop will not save my file now. Every time I go to save, it just keeps showing this error message, and when I close the dialogue box, the file is NOT saved. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop. I don't know what else I can do to get this program to work as intended. 2022-08-14_11-32-49.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like Adobe just made a Photoshop update that doesn't allow you to scroll through fonts anymore? Been using Photoshop 27 years and never encountered this issue. I type a word on the canvas, highlight the font in the top header menu bar and always use my up or down arrow to change the font in my design, but now you cant change fonts anymore. As a designer how are you supposed to see what you like in a design fast? This is very bad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far no word of fixing it. The only workaround that I have found is to
click the drop-down menu on the side and scroll/arrow down from there with
the text highlighted. But to be honest, none of us on this thread support
that change, and it's a feature we've used for years now as well. I use
adobe because my company pays for it. For my personal work, I've moved over
to Affinity.

--
(PII removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone tried the newest Adobe Photoshop version that just came out? Does issue still remain.

v23.5 (August 2022)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@manishd10712088 that's not a discovery, that's a relic. 

What you described was always an option, but it creates unnecessary steps, ease of use, and also inteferes greatly with the on screen display. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 23.5.0 and the problem persists. Thumbs down, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty crap that the font issue remains.

Maybe it's not a bug in Adobe's books, they might want it to work that way.

Might start testing some other Photoshop alternatives. I hate all the included cloud stuff that comes with Photoshop anyway, I only want the a photo/graphic (Photoshop) editor... not the other junk like lightroom, cloud storage and creative cloud etc etc. It's just bloat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still there, this should be an issue it makes more work for a designer,... and the drop down menu... covers the image so then you can't see the image 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im upset at the font isssue still being live - and now I cannot use clone stamp either. I immediately get the error "could not complete your request" and when I click OK the error just keeps coming back over and over until I close it via task manager. I understand I'm operating on an older machine but photoshop by itself has worked fine until the last roughly 2 months. I am also not seeing the option to roll back to a version that did work any longer either. It is definitely getting to the point of where Im going to cancel my subscription and switch to an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acknowledged is nice, but is something being done about it? At least 50% of my workflow is searching through my font collection, so this really bites into my efficiency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the list of fonts first and then scroll the way you used to. That's all that has changed by the looks of it. You just need the fonts showing...which is kind of better.

NickStubbs_0-1662045949465.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really bad for designers A the fonts are too small, B the panel covers up the art behind it, C biggest issue is you need to be able to scroll through the fonts visually in the design in real time to know if you like it, what they have now is like trying to deliver pizzas on a skateboard when youre used to having a car.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

asdf7903261.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so  when is this going to get fixed @adobe ? very annoying and time consuming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.5.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.5.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superb, thanks Mohit! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. Better late than never!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pumped to see this finally fixed. My CC still doesn't show the update yet - waiting with excitement. Yeah - it's THAT important to me 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New version arrived via Creative Cloud. Can confirm this is finally fixed !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TY for fixing, Adobe.

I will say however, the new version crashes when using the Text tool. Is this update perhaps related to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost unbelievable that I have to type this, but it's broken again. Photoshop 2023 got installed on my machine overnight and now I can't arrow through the fonts again.

Well - I *can* but it now always starts at the top of the list. This is because once a font is selected, it goes to the top of the list so when you try to arrow through the fonts, you're stuck starting at the top.

Can we please, please, please stop messing up the font tool and just fix this for once and for all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chrisell99 I'm not seeing what you are describing. Fonts can now be scrolled through by using a mouse wheel or up/down arrows without having to expand the font menu. It starts or stops on the last font selected for me. Photoshop 24.0.0 Release using Windows 10. Can you show a screenshot or video of what you are experiencing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisell99 Working for me too on macOS 13.x and Windows 11. Can you share a screen recording of what you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate