• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Changing canvas size for smart object with mask crops to bounding box

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I change the canvas size, or reveal all for a document that has a smart object in it(with puppet warp applied), the raster mask for the object itself clips to the bounding box of the smart object. I get that this is probably because of the Puppet Warp, but an annoying bug none the less. I had an action set to reveal all my document to prep my files, and notice that my document got messed up.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015
Fixed in Photoshop CC (14.2 or later).

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. This is a known issue. For now, the workaround for this is to unlink the layer mask, change the canvas size, and then relink the layer mask. Please try this and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just affected me with some smart object w/layer masks. Is there still no fix? The workaround works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eduardo, I think this was fixed soon after I posted this in one of the early updates. I just tested it and it isn't happening anymore, and I recall trying after early updates and this and a few issues seemed to be resolved. I'm on 13.0.2 on a mac. Have you tried updating? This is what I see now when I try to replicate this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was happening to me for two days. I was using a template file which was heavy on smart objects w/masks. AFAIK I'm on the latest update and on a mac as well but will check again and provide more details tonight.

Note: I don't think the file had puppet warp but it definitively had blurs and perhaps other filters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi; sorry for the gap in replies. I checked and I have the latest version (13.1.2 x64)
Here's an album of the issue happening. As I said, no puppet warp, just masks:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Fixed in Photoshop CC (14.2 or later).

Votes

Translate