• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it worked perfectly! So annoying to deal with ugghh.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's almost like Adobe know that when they roll out updates that half the things aren't going to work so they include the legacy buttons! I've had so many problems with Photoshop and Indesign recently that it hurts! More stringent testing before rolling out updates please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oui c'est vraiment pénible ! J'espère qu'un patch va corriger ça rapidement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I found that on the New Document window, if you just click any other preset, then click back on the clipboard preset, it changes the width and height in the details on the right. It just doesn't do it correctly to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem now is that, although Photoshop continues to properly detect the dimensions of the capture and put it in recent formats, the latter is not actually selected (even if the blue frame shows it as such, the dimensions on the right are incorrect), and you have to click on another format receive (for example on its right, re-clicking on it does nothing) before re-clicking on it and finally clicking "Create" or pressing Enter to have a document with the right dimensions.

By @Pierre5ED0

This is a known issue that the engineers are aware of. One work-around is the one you found. Another is to go to Preferences > General > and enable "Use Legacy New Document Interface.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In earlier version, when you had an image in clipboard and created new file, Photoshop automatically set Widht and Height to match the image in Clipboard. 

Now it has the Clipboard "item" selected, but the Withd and Height aren't matched to that.

You have to select some other item, and then reselect the Clipboard item to get those dimensions right. 

This is missleading and adds annoying extra steps.

khellstr_0-1657046839216.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @khellstr, yes, this is a known issue. Please check Use Legacy “New Document” Interface on the General tab and the issue will be fixed. Let us know if not.

JainLemos_0-1657047132082.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The lagacy worked. 
Will this be fixed in some future version to current interface too? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to hear it. Thanks for letting us know. I'm not sure if anything will be changed in future versions. This is currently marked as “Investigating” by Adobe and you can voice your vote here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop 23.4.1 on Win 11 ver 10.0.22000 with image in clipboard, Photoshop will display and highlight clipboard preset but will ignore it on the right side in the preset details section as shown on screenshot. When Create button is clicked Ps will create document using right hand (Preset details) side values.

clipboard preset ignored.jpg

Work around is to click on any other preset then to click back to Clipboard preset to have proper values in Preset Detail section (right hand side of the dialogue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop used to open a new document at the same size as an item copied from another software or another photoshop file. this no longer happens and I found it really useful. has this feature gone, have I clicked something or is it no longer able to recognise what I've copied and open a canvas at the same size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Merging this thread with an existing primary thread.

Please cast your upvote at the top.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Still no solution but rather workaround from what I can understand so it is actually known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Edit > Copy an area, layer, etc.

2. File > New

3. Choose "Clipboard"

4. Dimensions of new file do not match the clipboard contents

Workaround: In the New File dialog box, choose something else (eg. some custom size) then click back on "Clipboard", and the Preset Details will be populated with the clipboard's correct dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

This a widely-reported bug in the current version of Photoshop and Adobe engineers are working on a fix.

In the meantime, a quicker workaround for you to use would be to go into your Photoshop Preferences and in the General section, click the checkmark next to the Use Legacy "New Document" Interface option.

Hope that helps,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, what a waste of time!
++ SimplTrix "Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone remind me why we keep paying a monthly fee for this app, only to have Adobe change legacy functions? First, there was "export for web." Now, this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capitalism. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, also -- but why, just why so many changes to software to justify your developer salary v. customer satisfaction? Truly disappointing, regardless of software brand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found a workaround until it's fixed - all you have to do is click on any other box than Clipboard (usually it will say "costum") and then click the Clipboard. What it does is reset the new document size to the clipboard size. Yes, this is silly and it should be working at least when you first click Clipboard but it works..
Adobe, you should really fix this annoying bug.
Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this insteadScreenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After an update to 23.4.1 for Windows, I can't select part of an image to the clipboard and create a new file matching the clipboard size or settings. It sort of defaults to one of the other custom settings but not entirely because it changes to a different ppi and to grayscale instead of the actual clipboard copy.

When I copy to the clipboard and use ctrl n, the new dialog opens up and although the setting that says clipboard match the image and are what I want, when I click on the outlined blue box, what open for the new file is one matching the settings shown on the right side panel, not the clipboard. (attaching image)

On another note, I do not use the cloud. How on earth do I change the settings so PS automatically saves new files to my computer instead of asking every single time and assuming I'm saving to the cloud??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate