Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6/CC Menus blank (white) Mavericks Mac OS X 10.9

Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I hope I am in the right place for this:

I am on a Mac 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, with 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. I just installed OS Mavericks. I am running Photoshop CS6.

Randomly throughout using the program, my windows/palettes (i.e. the layers palette) will become white. Even the "Save" window menu will become white. It's still functional (if I press enter on the save menu, it will save), but I can't see any of the options. I've uninstalled the program and reinstalled. This has unfortunately not solved the problem. Please help

Thanks for the help in advance!

Michael

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014
MacOS 10.9.3 is now available, and contains a fix for this MacOS bug.

You should continue using the plugin, however, because the plugin also contains a fix for another bug that has not yet been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 208 Replies 208
208 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the previous posts about the plugin to work around the white menu issue in MacOS 10.9.

You haven't installed Photoshop 14.2 yet, and are a version behind.

Also, you should install MacOS 10.9.1, as it does fix some of the known bugs in MacOS 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information I test these first and see if it makes a difference. Unfortunately an update for PS app is not available CC is telling us everything is up to date is there another work around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH Leo _ I did explaim that very point to them - the response was (in so many words) that it is not Apples job to make the OS (work) for software companies but the other way round, and that the software companies have all the tools and the responsibility to make sure their applications work with the latest OS

They were very clear on this point
Mac OS Sonoma, 64 GB RAM 27" 2019 iMac 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple isn't responsible for making their software work correctly? And no, software developers cannot work around many OS bugs (we already work around the unfixed bugs that we can work around).
Whomever you spoke to was very, very confused.

Imagine if every street had a different kind of surface, and they told you that it was up to the car maker to change the tires every time you turned a corner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah Chris, well, this guy sounded like he was on the ball, certainly was at fobbing me off, but I just knew there was no point in arguing the toss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Photoshop. CS6. After a while I get blank dialogue boxes and cannot work any further. I have to shut down photoshop completely and have to start all over. This is very annoying and time consuming. Does anyone have the same problem? I've been having this problem ? I've been having this problem for a while now and it seems to appear sooner now than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carin, You can use the plug-in mentioned in the official answer at the top of this page to workaround this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, will do so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe for fixing this problem. I think the problem is completely solved after this plug in. Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this plugin seems to do the trick! Thanks Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a bamboo tablet. Often when I'm switching between dodge & burn and then changing brush sizes with the tablet pen, the panels lock at dodge, burn & sponge (when I try to change pen size). If I try to hit anything else, all other windows are BLANK (just white) - and I have to restart CC. REALLY awful, definitely needs to be dealt with.

This photo is an example of the resize BRUSH window.. which is locked at dodge/burn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

theres plug in that you can install(mentioned above).. it fixes the white wall issue. There still are however, MANY issues still not addressed(polygonal lasso tool connecting pre maturely,.. brushes freeze on the screen forcing you to click away from your work to "wake" the brush back up to work,.. & the occasional TOTAL FREEZE, where you just have to close photoshop and start over.

Thanks Mavericks. WHERES THE DAM UPDATE ALREADY!!! WE ALL KNOW ITS YOUR FAULT, FIX IT, AND FIX IT NOW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are still working with Apple and Wacom on a number of issues affecting MacOS 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys! Chris: hope you guys sort it out soon, this is getting extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Another one having all the same problems... but with PS Elements 12... Would really appreciate some advice as unable to save my work!!! Thank you in advance! I also use a bamboo tablet... surely that's not causing these problems? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the answer at the top of the topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, though I already tried this plug-in. And as I mentioned am on Elements, so when I tried to launch it the software said that the file is not recognizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2014 Mar 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished reading all these threads hoping that there would be a solution at the end. I am having the SAME exact problem with CS5 when I plug in Wacom tablet and only then. Does photoshop just leave you out in the cold knowing that all these ppl are having problems? Where is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the solution in the official answer?

Please try the solution in this document:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/p...

Installing the plug-in from the document above should solve:

• menus, panels, or dialog boxes turn white and become unresponsive
• keyboard shortcuts stop working
• lasso tool selections close prematurely
• Photoshop becomes unresponsive

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the solution in this document:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/p...

Installing the plug-in from the document above should solve:

• menus, panels, or dialog boxes turn white and become unresponsive
• keyboard shortcuts stop working
• lasso tool selections close prematurely
• Photoshop becomes unresponsive

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great thread. I am just now getting up to date on this stuff (new late 2013 iMac with Mav updates plus latest PS CC download) and boy am I crabby after going through this blank white menu thing. Also newby to forum but want to remember to be part of this as it moves along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I certainly have no sympathy with Apple's stance on this, it sounded downright evasive and unhelpful to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6,13.0.6. Mac pro OS10.9 32 Gig ram, running on accelsor SD. I have been getting crazy freezes that present with whited out menus , can't save have to force quit. I have re installed, trashed preferences etc. My files are very large but I have been working this way for years. Any thoughts????

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I use the dodge/burn tool.. after that I can't do anything else in photoshop. ALL of the menus become blank white and I have to close and re open.. It's been going on for a few days even after I updated. ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use my wacom cintiq with photoshop cc v14.2.1 using a macbook pro 15" (late 2013) on mavericks 10.9.2 - after a while every modal window and then the whole app windows turn blank (white) and I cannot use Photoshop anymore. I cannot even save the image as I can't see what I'm typing. Very strange problem. Didnt fin

Votes

Translate

Translate