• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6 pdf export - text rendering problems

LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through every forum post I can find, all that the almighty Google Gods have to offer, and have spent an hour of wasted time chatting with Adobe Support in regards to text rendering problems I'm experiencing with PS6. While I've seen MANY problems discussed, I haven't seen my exact problem discussed, so here's praying that I'm missing some completely obvious setting somewhere...

Text and colors are showing up beautifully when working in PS6, but when I render, seems like no matter what I do, the text goes haywire. I lose coloring and style upon render, but only on certain lines. It seems to select which bits of text to render correctly and which to spite in a completely arbitrary fashion. Here's what I'm looking at:

All of my text is set to 100% opacity. I'm on Windows 7, just upgraded to CS6. I've tried moving all of the text layers as the absolute top layers of the document. I've tried saving as pdf with the color settings "Blend Text Colors Using Gamma" checkbox both checked (as it was defaulted) and unchecked.

No dice. Same result. Is there some magic settings formula that I'm missing? These are some of the first documents I've created with PS6 and prior to troubleshooting this issue, I've used all default settings.

Halp! Please.

Thanks,
Erin

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015
Fixed in Photoshop CC or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
19 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Erin,

Would you be comfortable sending me a stripped down version of your file that exhibits this problem? I will follow up via email.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure will, David. I'll keep an eye out for your email.

Thanks,
Erin

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue when exported to Photoshop PDF. Random text problems. I painstakingly found that on the seventh line of text it caused the problem. Six lines or less no problems. But some text boxes with many lines rendered fine. So yes completely random and very frustrating. I tried exporting saving as PDF with CS5.1 and it rendered fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya Robert,

What I've found is that sometimes this is caused by missing fonts on Windows. Yes, it's a bug, but if you make sure all your fonts are installed for all layers, that's a work-around for now.

Otherwise, if you're problem is something else (like you're on Mac!), feel free to send me a sample file and I'll look into it for you. Following up with a personal email.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say David, that's not the problem. Not only does this occur on the Mac, but it occurs whether you have the fonts or not - regardless of what font it is. I can reproduce the problem 100% of the time with Arial or any other font.

That being said, like Robert, I noticed that this happens when it's blocks of multi-line text. If you have a word or two, it renders fine. If you have a whole paragraph, not only does it not render properly visually, but you can't even select the text in Acrobat. It's like it's not even there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,
Im having the same problem while using Photoshop CS6 on OSX. Temporary workaround is to rasterize type, as its not critical for my project to use live text.
If it means anything, the issue presents itself on the seventh line as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are dozens and dozens of posts about text problems going from Photoshop to PDF. My worry is with Photoshop 14 coming out next month, will PS CS6 see a fix? If it is not fixed in CS6, then that means the the very last perpetual version of Photoshop has, what I think is, a critical bug in production of PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for flagging this problem and all the options! I had the same trouble with CS6 on mac OSX converting to PDF. I had the problem with that 7th line of text -- my solution was to just cut and paste that next portion into a new text field -- I didn't have to rastercize or anything. Then everything exported fine and all the fonts look great.

Strange issue but the key was just extra font fields!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have discovered a bug with Photoshop CS6 that renders text improperly when saving my file as "Photoshop PDF", as described here by several other users here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Could your team look into this and provide a fix? Thanks, Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2013 Aug 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your comments to the original topic instead of creating a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I thought I was submitting a bug report not a forum thread. The bug report link from the Adobe site sent me here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Jonathan,

We are aware of the issue and working on a fix. It should be available in an upcoming release of the software.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2014 Feb 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the very same issue saving as a PNG file. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trish,

This problem should have been solved some time ago and released in one of the updates. If your version of PS not the latest, I would suggest updating immediately. If the problem persists, please let me know what version and what operating system you're running as well as specific steps / symptoms so I can help you troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't saving PDF, then you have a completely different issue. Please create a new topic with the details David asked about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I too was having this issue and found that when I chose the "Standard" PDF/X-4:2010 when saving that the type all rendered properly.

I thought I would share and I hope this solution works for someone else.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in Photoshop CC or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this issue. And based on my research to find a solution, it appears it's been going on for almost 2 years and across both CS6 and CC current versions. Three things are happening. 1. When you save to PDF, the type just doesn't work. It has weird outline issues or parts of the line are missing or the whole line is missing altogether. And then issue 2. The file size is MASSIVE and it keeps rerendering every time you try to look at it. And then it won't print from adobe PDF. Or any PDF viewer. It's ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed yet.

So definitely NOT fixed in Photoshop CC or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Can you provide a PSD and exported PDF that exhibit the problem for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate