• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: CS6 Wrong font-size displaying when selecting multiple text layers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When selecting several text layers, then switching to the text tool, the font-size displayed in the upper menu is wrong. It's usually more (last time it displayed 36pt, but both the layers were text composed in 14,3pt)
I can provide psd for further investigation.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which product are you using?
Which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS 6 (13.0.1) Mac Lion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS 6 (13.0.1) Mac Lion

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16px when I select an individual text layer and 13.28px when I select multiple 16px text layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.
CS6 13.0.1 x64.

Selecting some 15px text layers layers showed a different size (something like 66px I can't check it now).

Actually this is not the only problem I have with text in PS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out this only happens on text that has been previously transformed. The font size displaying is then the original font size, before the transformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HATE this problem. Very frustrating when mocking up sites.

Thanks for posting the cause, Nicholas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to reproduce this problem on non-transformed layers? We are already looking into the issue with transformed layers. If this problem has a wider cause, however, we'd love to know so we can correct it.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, thanks for taking this issue into consideration. I cannot reproduce this problem on non-transformed layers, However if you mix two layers, one transformed and the other one not-transformed, the behavior is strange : if you enter a specific type-size, the transformed layer will change size, but not to correct value (i hope this is understandable)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Nicholas,

I totally follow you and we're working on a solution. As long as any type layer has been transformed, unfortunately, you're gonna have this issue. I completely understand why this bug would make anyone crazy... Hopefully, we'll get a fix in soon.

Thanks and sorry,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, Thanks for your answer, I understand the situation !
Cheers
Nicholas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too and it mas making me mad until I discovered what the problem was! Please fix it, I have a lot of banners to make every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also find this issue handicapping.
As a result of it, I now avoid doing transforms on text layers altogether, even though normally that would be much much faster than manually increasing/decreasing the font size value in the font size fields. But I do it anyway, so I can maintain the ability to adjust multiple text objects at once.

Very similar threads here:
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...
&
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

David (Official Rep) says, "Hopefully, we'll get a fix in soon."
Is this true? I don't see a status change on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have we got a fix for this yet? It's driving me insane!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an experience-breaker issue that should have been solved by Adobe a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2013 Apr 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ANOTHER bug that's still not been fixed for over a year.

Honestly, does Adobe even bother to fix these annoying bugs that are this obviously noticeable and that slow down workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, anyone, except Adobe developers, because they don't use their own products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have patience, my friend. It has only been a year since. And to be honestly, why would they bother? We are gonna have a new version of Photoshop soon and we will just pay more money to get it with some of the bugs fixed. It has been Adobe's business strategy ever since they acquired their last competitor Macromedia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are considering this for a future version of Photoshop.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's official then, Adobe do not keep their word!
See Jeffrey Tranberry's blog where he states that CS6 bugs will be fixed while it is still being sold.
http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See previous post above.

Way to go Adobe. *sarcasm in case you didn't get that*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unbelievable isn't it? David almost makes it sound like a CS7 FEATURE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this *IS* a feature enhancement for type. I won't deny it's overdue, but Photoshop historically does not show accurate information when you select multiple, dissimilar type layers. Defending this design is admittedly silly, but since it's been this way for more than a decade, it's also kind of hard to call it a bug fix. This is actually an issue I've been pursuing for some time.

For the record, one of the reasons I was able to get this issue some attention was due to user feedback. Until CS6, displaying bogus info for dissimilar text layers wasn't something many users complained about; I know cuz I was pushing for this issue earlier. Now, due to the bug with transformed type, people have begun commenting on this issue as well. And, honestly, that's a good thing. I'm hoping this feedback means we can get a fix in there soon.

My point, however, is the employees answering posts on this forum are NOT "lying" or "the bad guy" or whatever. We're the ones who take time out of our regular schedule and workload to try and get an idea what users really care about and what's impeding them in order to make the product better. Often times, we only have as much power to make change as you have to POLITELY complain. And that's the key, we're on your side and want to improve things. Ranting at us doesn't really help anyone.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point taken, apologies for taking my anger at the machine that is Adobe on you. I know you're only doing your job, unfortunately you guys are the only faces that we can see/speak to so you're bound to get a few annoyed people coming at you. S'pose you need a mixture of a*s holes and polite people to generate that hustle and urgency to show the major/not so major problems to eventually make a better product in the end... But yes, once again, point taken, I'll try and be a little more understanding.

Unless you're talking about fixing this problem and adding some other FURTHER feature(s) (ie. listing ALL text sizes on all selected layers (?) ) I'm not sure I agree with you saying showing the correct size of transformed text is a feature enhancement. Fixing something that should be working in the first place surely isn't an enhancement or feature.

Either way, glad it's being fixed. It's just annoying people have to put up with these small but annoying bugs 100+ times day that affect workflow speed only for them to be resolved with a whole new costly version of CS. The small stuff that dramatically affects workflow never ever seem to be fixed.

Anyways, once again apologies for getting on my soapbox and appreciate you taking the time to talk to your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate