• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error while creating a PDF presentation with Photoshop Version 23.0 - Windows

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday i updated Photoshop to version 23.0. After the update, i tried to create a PDF presentation with Multiple image files. and this error occurred "unable to include 22 file(s) because they are not image files are too large, or too much color depth, or are PDF files not created by photoshop." i have attached an Image of the error with this message. when i tried to create a PDF presentation with the same image files with the previous version of photoshop, i didnt face any issues. Please Fix this issue, or tell me a way that i could use to fix it.IMG_20211028_213003.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
48 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using. Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. I just create a PDF presentation form two opened image in Photoshop one 8MP portrait the other a 16MP landscape.  I can import the image from the pdf into Photoshop. Windows 10 PS 23.0 The Image seem to be converted to 8bit if there 16bit color file when saved into the PDF.  They retain their colorspace. 

image.png

image.png

22 Jpg File also worked

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Qboid5CE2 , are these files in tiff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they're in JPEG format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used 93 jpeg files. Out of that 45 files were unable to be included in the PDF

Thanks for the reply. Actually I'm talking about converting Jpeg files to PDF by useing the File>Automate>PDF Presentation option in Photoshop. Not about importing PDF files in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just try to open one of these files in Photoshop, will everything be ok? will it open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.. everything opens in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message you posted is displayed before any file is processed. Could you haves selected files that were not images jpeg files.  The meaasge messages states that 22 file were images fies, of have  color depth larger then supported. Jpeg file formats only supports 8 bit color, If you selected all jpeg files color depth would not be the issue. I have no idea what the images size limit is.  The largest one in my pdf presentation was only 8K pixel wide, when I select 214 jpegs.  I first received a message like you did for I had used  Ctrl+A to select all file in the folder.  The problem was  Bridge local cashe file and a sunfoldet were was also in the Folder.  However it was only a 5 file in my case not 22 Files and my message had no mention Of color depth. Could you have selected some image file that have color depth 32. When I redit the selection 214 Jpeg file were ssaved in the PDF.

image.png

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is i can convert these same files into a PDF using the older version(22.5.2) of Photoshop hasslefree. Only after updating to the version 23.0 i'm facing this problem. So i guess its some kind of bug in the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you identify which 22 jpeg files  the script find bad?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 23.0.0 of Photoshop will not correctly create PDF file of multiple image files (JPEGs). It leaves some of the images out, leaving a dialogue box that says files were omitted because of one or more of the following reasons: files weren't images, or were too large, or color depth was too great. Version 22 of Photoshop will process the same files correctly, creating the proper PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you attach some of the JPEGs that cause this problem? (or zip them up and share via CC or Dropbox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this exact same problem. Adobe wants us to keep shelling them money every month, and for what? A program that is less user friendly than the previous version? What a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are threee photos that PS 23 would not include in a PDF. The PDF that brought the problem to my attention involved only 8 images. Later as a test, I tried to duplicate with v 23, a 40 image PDF I had earlier created with v 22,  and it omitted approximately 15 images. I noted that in both cases the images omitted were those of the first entry in their respective folders; for wwhat that's worth.D2021-20-02_small.jpgD2021-20-03_small.jpgD2021-20-05_small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!! so frusting anyone figure out why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem I see is that Adobe does not identify what files are unacceptable.  Adobe is complaining  about some files  are any of the files, images you wanted included in your PDF presentation. Adobe seem to have an issues creating a file list you can use to check. You have no way to even verify that message is correct so you can fix the files up.  It is an issue Adobe should address and generate the file list for you.   

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to get a small set of files that produce this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, im also getting this error - 23.0 broke the PDF automation - doesnt matter what kind of files you feed it, it errors on a few of them. I've tried so many different files, it's random.

Even something simple like 1920x1080 white jpegs in srgb 8bit. But then it will process an 8k 16bit tiff fine.

to be clear, you can take any image, duplicate it 15 times and try PDF them - it'll fail on several even though it's exactly the same image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know the message is referring to your duplicated files. Are your duplicated files listed in the error message.  If they are the error message is incorrect. For you file are supported and not overweight.  There is an issue in Photoshop the error message is incorrect or Photoshop is trying to process files you did not select to be in the PDF presentation.  Adobe needs toe address the issue.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this message too.  I have been using the same file types and sizes and have been doing this for 10 years, 4 times per year like clockwork.  This is the first time I have ever had issues and I'm under a deadline.  Is there a work around for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I wasn't able to repro on macOS but I am seeing the issue on Windows now. I'll have engineering take a look. Best bet is to roll back to 22.x until we can release an update.

Be sure to hit the upvote at the top if you're affected by this issue.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using photoshop to generate a PDF file from pictures for printing a 170 pages book (File > Automate > PDF Presentation). 

It was working fine until version 22.5.3. Since version 23.0.0, it no longer works : it starts exporting by opening the different pages and closing them, but at one point, some pictures are no longer closed and at the end remain open. I have the following message at the end : "Impossible d'inclure les fichiers 48, car ce ne sont pas des fichiers images, ils sont trop volumineux, l'intensité de couleur est trop élevée ou ce son des fichiers PDF qui n'ont pas été créés par Photoshop". Attempt of translation : "Impossible to include the 48 files, they are not image files, they are to big, color intensity is too high or they are PDF files not created by Photoshop". => Screen capture enclosed.

A PDF file is generated, but 48 pages are missing, they all remained open in Photoshop.

Doing the same operation with the same set of image files in Photoshop v22.5.3 works fine.

Running on Windows 10 21H1, build 19043.1288. Intel Core i5-4690, 16 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thers image.pngis an issue Adobe is looking at it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe ,

I have a problem to create automatic pdf presentation..

kindly fix and slove this error.. asap.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá, estou com um problema na hora de exportar um pdf .

Mensagem de erro -->  "Não foi possivel incluir arquivos, porque não são arquivos de imagens, são muito grandes, há muita intensidade de cor ou são arquivos PDF que não foram criado no PS"

As imagens que estou tentando exportar são jpeg, com no maximo 2mb em rgb e com 300dpis.

Esse erro começou depois que atualizei o programa.

Se alguem poder ser contribuição agradeço.

photoshop versão 23.0.1

windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are looking at it now. For the time being, the workaround is, to open all your files and then use the "open files" button in the dialog to get all the files into the PDF. That is working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate