• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export As not working after updating to MacOS 11.6.2

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to MacOS 11.6.2 this morning, and now my photoshop Export As is showing blank fields and gives the error message "No valid Asset to Export." I've tried on multiple files which exported before. I'm using Photoshop 23.1.0. Note: I was able to set the Export Preferences to "Use Legacy Export As" and that is working.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Hi there,

We have provided the fix for this issue in the latest update of Photoshop, which is version 23.2.2
To update Photoshop to 23.2.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

We've discovered a possible cause to this behavior. Export As maintains a preference file to remember your settings between sessions. If this file becomes damaged or corrupted, it will cause the dialog to look like this. Please go to the following folder, delete the prefs.txt file there, and relaunch Photoshop:

• Win: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs\PluginData
  • Mac: /Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/Pl

Votes

Translate

Translate
70 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrettN,

I'm using Sophos and I'm an admin on my Mac. 

I disable Sophos and the issue persist 

OS X 12.1

MACPro Mid-15

Let me know if you need any additional info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karasicpark, thanks for correcting me on the computer running into the issue, sorry about mixing that up. Can you tell me the version of Sophos installed? Do you have it fully up-to-date?

Same question to you Yona, version of Sophos and is it up-to-date? 

Most often, getting the application and virus definitions fully updated resolves these types of conflicts. If not, we can work with them to address the issue, which would likely be fixed in a future update on their end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any anti-virus running? Do you run Sophos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sophos is up to date.

Version 10.2.2a2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe, 

I'm not sure if there's problem with M1 Mac with Photoshop but i'm not able to export my design using the function Export As. Do see the screenshot below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and mine is not an M1 Mac. It is a 2017 iMac. But my laptop, which is 2018 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Grace, are you also using Sophos anti-virus? This is lead we currently have on this behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!
just to update this post, unfortunately this bug has not been fixed yet. I just had this problem!
I tested what you suggested, it worked, but it seems to me that it has fewer options now.
And I have the latest version 23.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Yona5E7C Unfortunately, we don't have enough information on the issue to make any progress. At this point we are only speculating that Sophos may be involved, but haven't been able to prove that is the case. It is very likely that a third-party component is the cause of the behavior because we have very few people encountering the issue (that we know of) and have not seen the behavior on our end.

You mentioned that disabling Sophos did not change the behavior, so that doesn't seem to indicate it is the source of the issue. However, another test would be to uninstall Sophos and test (you may wish to remain offline while performing such a test, then you can reinstall once you are done verifying). If the behavior goes away during this test and comes back after reinstalling, that would prove Sophos is the source of the issue (disabling anti-virus usually means only some portions are actually turned off while some safey measures remain running and can still cause conflicts). If removing Sophos doesn't resolve the issue, that pretty much removes it as a suspect and we are back to square one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for update and sorry to hear it still doesn't work right for you. Could you please give us more infomation to help troubleshooting it? 
-does this message come up before you can even select a location, or after you select where to export? If after, what is name of the folder you're trying to save it to?

-if message comes before you even able to select export location

- what do you have set in Preferences ->Export ->Quick Export Location, and Export As location?
-are you exporting entire file, or selected layers/artboards? What's the name of the file or layer?

What is location of file you're exporting from? You can try duplicating this file or layer you're trying to export, save it on Desktop or Documents, and rename to simple name like 'abc' to see if it makes a difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
This is the screen that appears for me when I try to export the image in "export as".

clarissaf16402956_0-1644318529779.png

Cannot enable export options.

the problem started to appear after photoshop had a crasher, and the crasher happened just when I went to export an image.
After that, it started reporting this issue.

I tried exporting other different files, and they all had the same problem. This is the screen that was in the previous setup.

clarissaf16402956_1-1644318652361.png

I am exporting the entire file.

I try the to change the >options > use lagacy "export as" and it works. But to me, i think it seems to me that it has fewer options now.

clarissaf16402956_2-1644318843261.png

But, it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depuis quelques semaines, lorsque je veux exporter une image via la fonction "Exporter sous", un écran gris apparaît mais pas l'image (cf image ci-dessous). Lorsque je passe la souris sur le bouton exporter, un message mentionnant qu'aucun fichier valide est à exporter alors que mon fichier est du simple JPEG.

Je suis obligé de créer une copie de la photo pour l'exporter au même format.

Je suis sur Windows 11 avec un PC Gamer.

Est-ce le système d'exploitation qui est encore pas du tout optimisé ou est-ce les nouvelles mises à jour de Photoshop qui ne sont pas du tout fonctionnelles ?

defaultunhizp3eept6_1-1644430074809.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like Prefs.txt file got corrupted when Photoshop crashed. We'll look into this; in the meanwhile, you can try deleting or moving this file from

Win: C:\Users[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage[APP][VERSION]\Internal\com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs\PluginData

Mac: Users/[USER NAME]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/[APP]/[VERSION]/Internal/com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs/PluginData

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've discovered a possible cause to this behavior. Export As maintains a preference file to remember your settings between sessions. If this file becomes damaged or corrupted, it will cause the dialog to look like this. Please go to the following folder, delete the prefs.txt file there, and relaunch Photoshop:

• Win: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs\PluginData
  • Mac: /Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/PHSP/23/Internal/com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs/PluginData

Windows Note: AppData is a hidden folder. You may have to change your view options to see it.

Mac Note: Library is a hidden folder. You may have to change your view options to see it. 

Additional note: Resetting Photoshop's preferences (with keyboard shortcut at launch, option within the Preferences themselves, or manually deleting the settings folder)  will not reset the Export As preferences. It is stored separately and is not yet wired into the normal preference reset functions. 

EDITS: Correcting the Mac folder path and adding notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple notes to keep in mind about Irina's information above: 

• The "AppData" folder on Windows is hidden by default. You may have to change your view settings to see it.
  • The "Library" folder on Mac is hidden by default. You may have to change your view settings to see it.
  • The "APP" folder should be "PHSP"
  • The "VERSION" should be "23" (the latest version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks! it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that Brentt solution worked for me.

the path is slightly different on my OSX.

/Users/[UserName]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/PHSP/23/Internal/com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs/PluginData

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is the correct path, I forgot to include the Application Support folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I was able to export, after an update, I am now no longer to export and I am completely locked from doing my work. 

I get no valid asset to export

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen with all files? Can you post a screenshot? See the state of the entire app (document window, layers panel, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Path for the prefs.txt file on Windows:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs/PluginData

BretN's solution worked for me, I wasn't able to use the Export As function for a month.

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this happens with everything, I am now 3 days I cannot do my work. New files, old files, any file. Nothing I am doing wrong or different, just stopped working.

Screenshot 2022-02-13 225357.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why my issue has been merged with this as I am using Windows not MAC. And the final straw today, I now cannot even do a quick export. I will be canceling all my adobe subscriptions and moving to other software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry you're still seeing this issue. Have you tried deleting prefs.txt file and restart PS? 

file should be here: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs/PluginData

if it still doesn't work after, could you send us log files so we can take a look? On Win, file should be located here:

Votes

Translate

Translate