• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export As not working after updating to MacOS 11.6.2

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to MacOS 11.6.2 this morning, and now my photoshop Export As is showing blank fields and gives the error message "No valid Asset to Export." I've tried on multiple files which exported before. I'm using Photoshop 23.1.0. Note: I was able to set the Export Preferences to "Use Legacy Export As" and that is working.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Hi there,

We have provided the fix for this issue in the latest update of Photoshop, which is version 23.2.2
To update Photoshop to 23.2.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

We've discovered a possible cause to this behavior. Export As maintains a preference file to remember your settings between sessions. If this file becomes damaged or corrupted, it will cause the dialog to look like this. Please go to the following folder, delete the prefs.txt file there, and relaunch Photoshop:

• Win: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs\PluginData
  • Mac: /Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/Pl

Votes

Translate

Translate
70 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble exporting PNG. I'm unable to use quick export to png - it was working the other day just fine. Nothing happens. Also, export As --> PNG gives me a "Cannot Export to This Location" error. 

Tried resetting my preferences - didn't fix it. 

Photoshop CC 22.3.1. Was working fine until 3 nights ago. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on mac or windows ?

did you restart your computer?

Did you try saving to another location ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. I ma not even presented with a save screen. From the export option screen i press "Export" only to get the same message above, then kicked back to the export options screen. My settings are set to ask where to save the export every time, so i'm not sure how its determining that it cant save there, if it shouldn't have even tried to save anything yet? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is broken in Photoshop still in 22.5.0. Use the legacy Export As option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please explain what is the legacy Export As option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Working with Mac.
Tried the quickfix of ticking the "ask where to export exch time"

NOTHING changed and it is SO frustrating! 
Can you please advise what to do?

What is the meaning of "use legacy 'export as'"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It needs to be enabled in preferences: Preferences > Export > select "Use legacy "Export As".

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't seem to have that?  Sorry for jumping in the conversation!

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 4.20.45 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird... not sure: I just confirmed the option is in Photoshop 22.5.2 and it's in 23.0.0 as well.

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 4.39.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOrked to fix my problem cheking the "export as"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on Photoshop 22.5.3 on Mac. Very upset 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another solution to this kind of problem can be updates : I always go for that one, also in Premiere Pro, when I meet unsolvable problems (after having looked on the internet) like that and, most of the time, it works.

I had this problem of location a few minutes ago and none of the solutions I saw worked, but updating the app did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use legacy "Export As" - helped, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try updating the app to the new version... 23.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo zusammen, 

ich habe vor zwei Tagen mit Photoshop gearbeitet und alles lief wie immer. Auf einmal war ohne Vorwarnung der Akku meines Laptops leer und der Laptop schlagartig aus. Ich holte mein Ladekabel und wollte weiterarbeiten, aber der Export funktioniert seitdem nicht mehr. Speichern klappt. Bei "Exportieren als" sind die Felder ausgegraut und ich kann nichts anwählen (siehe Foto). Ich habe den PC mehrmals neu gestartet, die Voreinstellungen zurückgesetzt und Photoshop neu installiert. Keine Veränderung. 

Für Hilfe bin ich dankbar!

LG Mona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-01-09 10_10_27-Preferences.png

If that dosen't help, try using the Adobe cleaner tool

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!

(following) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated PS to 23.1.1. 

Issue still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola desde hace un tiempo vengo presentando problemas con la opción de Exportar Como, en reiteradas ocaciones he intenado de exportar alguna archivo y no me deja, al abrir la ventana como si fuese a exportar no me aparece la imagen y sus opciones para dice exportación no son visibles. Les dejo una imagen para que vean el problema que tiene la opción.

Espero puedan solucionar este problema ya que uso con mucha frecuencia esta opción. 

Gracias

Captura de Pantalla 2022-01-19 a la(s) 13.44.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the version of Photoshop you're using along with your computers macOS version? Try updating Photoshop to the latest version (23.1.1) to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, que bueno que me pudieron contestar, el problema aun persiste, he
reseteado las preferencias y no pasa nada. La versión del photoshop que
tengo es la última que han sacado la 23.1.1 y la mac que uso tiene el
sistema operativo es Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a couple reports of this is occuring but no information on why it may be happening. Do you know if it only happens for some files while others work? For example, if you create a new blank file, do you get the same behavior? If it is only some files, can you send us a file where the behavior occurs? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrettN, On all files on my personal mac. But not on my work laptop. Both Macs. Both same OS. The file works on my work laptop photoshop (different account) but does not work on my personal mac. The only difference I see at this time is that my work gives us their enterprise antivirus software, and I have different antivirus software on my personal computer. So, I think one of those is conflicting with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, third-party conflicts such as anti-virus are always a possibility, and would explain why only a few people are seeing this. Do you know if others at your company (running the same anti-virus) are running into the same issue? Yona may be able to help us verify, if they are using the same. If that is the case, we can work with the manufacturer and find out what the conflict is to deal with it. 

If you are the only one seeing this at your org, there could be something more specific to your computer which could be at fault. Do you have admin access to the machine? Would you be able to create a new user account? New user accounts basically reset all system and application settings to defualt. We could have a corrupted setting which is modifying behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works on my company computer fine. It's my home computer. I did some searching and may be Sophos, which has known conflicts with Adobe CC and Photoshop. I may try another antivirus. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate