• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export As not working after updating to MacOS 11.6.2

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to MacOS 11.6.2 this morning, and now my photoshop Export As is showing blank fields and gives the error message "No valid Asset to Export." I've tried on multiple files which exported before. I'm using Photoshop 23.1.0. Note: I was able to set the Export Preferences to "Use Legacy Export As" and that is working.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Hi there,

We have provided the fix for this issue in the latest update of Photoshop, which is version 23.2.2
To update Photoshop to 23.2.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

We've discovered a possible cause to this behavior. Export As maintains a preference file to remember your settings between sessions. If this file becomes damaged or corrupted, it will cause the dialog to look like this. Please go to the following folder, delete the prefs.txt file there, and relaunch Photoshop:

• Win: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\PluginsStorage\PHSP\23\Internal\com.adobe.photoshop.exportAs\PluginData
  • Mac: /Users/[USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/Pl

Votes

Translate

Translate
70 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my Export As window has not been working, every time i click export as, it pops up and the ui apears but nothing is there and I cant export anything. I can how ever quick export which is the odd thing. I have tried everything including updateing photoshop to its current settings but the issue still persists. I have found one fix but I belive its a compromise, I can export only if I am using the legacy export settings, which im fine with but I asume they are not as good since they are labeled as legacy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone. BrettN's sollution  and Yona5E7C's path worked for me. Option-Go from finder takes you to the Library on Mac. So glad this is working again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(27" iMac, OS 11.6.4) I had the same problem occur today. I brought in an image as a smart object and made some corrections to it. Then I wanted to create a JPG version for the web so I selected "Export as... changed dimensions and got the dreaded "can't export to this location"???

Restarted the app, CMD,Shitft, Option. no dice. I rasteriezed the layer and tried. No success. Restaterd the machine. Still no success. Turned off  Default folder (which did throw an error with PS 22.5.6 but I could still navigate the system to a location). Still no help. I opened the file in PS 21.2.12 and was able to succeed. So then I opened a different file (NEF) from Bridge to PS 22.5.6. I did not open as a smart object. I chose Export as... and had no problem. Funny thing is, with the problem file that was brought in as a smart object, the layer name never changes from _ NZ52007.NEF, even after choosing "rasterize". Maybe this will help somehow

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted the suggested filefrom UXP location.

Opend the previous PSD file that would not export. No change. Still received error that couldn't export to location.

Just confirmed. Opened the original NEF file from Bridge to PS 22.5.6. (NOT as smart Object) Export as... Works!

It appears in my case to be related to opening from Bridge as a Smart object is what causes the problem for Export as... 

Not an expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Photoshop 23.2. 

Probelm is gone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Normal Exporter isnt working, comes up with no options.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.34.57.png

I went to preference> export> use legacy export. That fixed it, 

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.36.07.png

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 11.35.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultl21823xajrr1 This is a workaround not a fix.

Whenever you use a "Legacy" option, you are switching to an older codebase within Photoshop (which may contain bugs that won't be fixed, performance issues, or other problems). For Export As specifically, you are switching from the UXP (current, under development code-base) to CEP (the old, on the way out code-base). While the dialogs look similar, they are completely different (like changing from one version of Photoshop to another). This option gets you around the problem, but the problem remains and may lead to future issues. 

The current fix for this behavior is remove the damaged pref.txt file. We're working internally on a more robust solution for a future update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having the issue where my Export doesn't work. Export As doesn't load the graphic, Quick PNG Export does nothing - neither give any error message nor any never-ending load screen.

I've tried the pref reset, Cmd-Opt-Shft while loading Photoshop. No change to the issue.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I recently has this issue where i cannot use the "file > export > export as" menu. The window shows up, but nothing is clickable except for 'cancel' Photoshop_QUscGDTI81.png

I've tried to :
• Update photoshop
• Uninstall photoshop
• Switched an older version of photohsop which i'm using right now (23.1.0)

Has anyone encountered this and has an idea how to fix it ?

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2022-02-24 17_19_34-Adobe Photoshop 2022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on Export to save an image to a folder, it hangs. I've already done an update and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá!

Estou tentanto exportar um trabalho feito, porém ao ir em arquivo > exportar como, nada aparece conforme imagem anexada abaixo.

Como faço para resolver? 

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export not working since 23.2.1

"Quick export as PNG" does absolutely nothing

"Export as" presents a blank interface, suggesting there is no image at all, but believe me, there is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back to 22.5.6 and Export is working there. Definitely bug in 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We have provided the fix for this issue in the latest update of Photoshop, which is version 23.2.2
To update Photoshop to 23.2.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i just bought a new MacBook Pro M1 Pro and have a similiar issue. 
I can not "export as" / "save a file" / "save as" / or anything else even with newly created files. 

I have the newest version of Photoshop. Reinstalled everything and cleared the prefferences. 

I just found out by accident that the Ethernet connector ocured the problem. 

Is there anything i can do or do i need to buy a new Ethernet connector? ^^

So if a Ethernet connector is plugged in and my Mac uses the internet through this connector i can not use any of the Photoshop export / save functions. As soon as i unplug the connector everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restoring "Legacy Export" worked for me - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounted this problem today. Photoshop 24.7.0 and macOS Venture 13.5.1. I tried deleting the prefs.txt file, but that didn't help. I also checked if there was a prefs.txt file in a similar folder, but with "23" replaced by "24", as I'm running Photoshop 24.x. But there was no Prefs.txt.

I noticed that it only fails for certain files. In particular, certain filenames seem to be problematic. The file I worked on was download by a tool from the web and had a long (156 char) filename, which also contained some often problematic characters, like emoji's, hash, and commas.

For example, ExportAs fails on my system when a file has the following filename: "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet amet aute commodo nisi ullamco labore adipisicing magna sunt dolor elit labore officia ex quis nostrud non #onsectetur. #aboriss.psd". When I remove the last hash character it works fine: "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet amet aute commodo nisi ullamco labore adipisicing magna sunt dolor elit labore officia ex quis nostrud non #onsectetur. aboriss.psd"

I looked into the Photoshop log file and noticed the following Error message:

[0x16c2fb000][Error] [console] [exportAs-actions/app] "Failed to export layers", {"name":"Error","message":"getFileForSaving: A file name cannot contain the following characters \\/:*?\"<>|#","stack":"Error: getFileForSaving: A file name cannot contain the following characters \\/:*?\"<>|#\n at Object.validateEntryName (uxp://uxp-internal/webfs_scripts.js:2:71759)\n at Object.getFileForSaving (uxp://uxp-internal/webfs_scripts.js:2:81519)\n at Object.getFileForSaving (uxp://uxp-internal/webfs_scripts.js:2:68110)\n at to (././js/0.js:72:5423)\n at ././js/0.js:72:47935\n at ././js/0.js:72:28508\n at Object.onClick (././js/0.js:834:2074)\n at onClick (././js/0.js:866:164173)\n at Object.<anonymous> (././js/0.js:897:570)\n at f (././js/0.js:897:608)"}, [{"scaleSetting":{"size":1,"defaultSuffix":""},"exportSetting":{"colorMode":"RGBColor","format":"JPG","transparent":true,"smallerFile":false,"jpgQuality":5,"type":"Document","scale":1,"customCanvasWidth":null,"customCanvasHeight":null,"resample":"bicubicAutomatic","embedMetadata":"None","convertToSRGB":true,"embedColorProfile":true,"maxScale":8.3333,"minScale":0.01,"maxImageWidth":15000,"maxImageHeight":15000,"minImageWidth":1,"minImageHeight":1,"lastWarning":null,"documentId":702,"layerId":0,"id":0.1,"secondary":false,"filename":"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet amet aute commodo nisi ullamco labore adipisicing magna sunt dolor elit labore officia ex quis nostrud non #onsectetur. #aboriss","layerWidth":1440,"layerHeight":1800}}]

The error message implies that there are some problematic, illegal characters present in the original filename, that cause the ExportAs feature to fail, probably because it fails to create a temporary file based on the original filename. However, I noticed that even when my filename contains a hash character, it won't fail. It seems to fail on a combination of a certain character amount, the presence of multiple illegal characters or something like that. Anyway, I hope this gives the Adobe developers some clues as to where it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another filename of the original document, for which ExportAs fails. Again, this filename was generated by a tool for a Instagram photo download. This is a valid filename on macOS, but Photoshop's ExportAs doesn't like it: "001 - #Groningen . Brandenburgerstraat 5-9 Vrouwen wo Grietje Haven 4e vl (ca 1912-1927) . bron- bbg . Foto #ingekleurd #colorizedphoto #history #colorizedhistory #geschiedenisinkleur #geschiedenis #historyincolor #rtvno….jpg".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for reporting it. I can reproduce it and we'll look at it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate