• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Healing brush & clone stamp tools lagging

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated to Adobe Photoshop CC 2019, and my healing brush tools and clone stamp tool lags when I use it.  I had no prior issues with CC 2018.  What gives?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019
Please update to 20.0.2 and let us know if you're still seeing the lag/spinning cursor while/after brushing. This issue should be fixed in 20.0.2. Thanks for reporting this issue!

The issue where there's a lag with Rulers showing is a separate issue that is still being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 184 Replies 184
184 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I would say that it is Mojave. Cos I have updated to Mojave and not CC19 and did get the odd brush activity. After I switched off rulers it went away though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's already been determined that the issue is with Mojave. Although the 10.14.1 update was just released, and the issues appear to be mostly solved. I don't notice much lag at all, even with the rulers enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alexander you tempting me.. have been closing daily the 'Do yo want to update now?" window for quite while already...  but I guess might stick to my rule "always wait for .02" :):)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's up to you. I had no choice. I was still on 10.11 when the CC2019 update came out, so it forced me to update before I could install it. If 10.13 is working for you, there's no reason to rush. While 10.14.1 seems to be working much better, I've only had it since yesterday, so I can't tell you with certainty that there won't be issues. I still have to play with it a lot more. But, so far it is much better since the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey - my liquify issue seem to be fixed now (thanks!) but I've tried all the workarounds for the brush tool and nothing seems to work for me. Ive also updated to the latest PS CC this evening. Is there anything else I can try? It's driving me a little nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now frequently getting the busy cursor with most brushes, even with the rulers hidden. Frankly ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just did the Mojave update....unfortunately the spinning cursor problem still exists on PS 2019.    I'm using 2018 at the moment which is working decently.
I hope they resolve this soon.   Can't remember such a big bug in a photoshop release.  They're usually pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after update mojave 10.14.1.... the bug is not  fixed.... at least not  for me. Let see what Adobe does about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, i've also updated to the beta but the spinning cursor problem persists

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah it's pretty unreal tbh. i've had to almost completely stop painting in photoshop. i know there's probably a million issues but this is so fundamental and so "forward" from a ux standpoint, i mean it's right in front of my face every time i try to draw anything expressive

also, this is a subscription based product. what have i been paying for the last month? i can't use the app lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is crazy.   It's actually cost a few days of work and is slowing down everything.
   Even 2018 is a little buggy but the brushes work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I've noticed on 10.14.1 is that the spinning cursor still shows up, but the response of the brush is much faster than before the update. It went from almost unusable to at least usable. But it's definitely still buggy. Of course, I didn't just update the OS, there was also a driver update for my Wacom tablet. So maybe that helped, too. Still has issues, but, I'm dealing with it because that new content aware fill has already helped me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  The Wacom update definitely helped.   It is a bit faster at first, but if you keep using it, you'll notice it slow again.    Adobe seems to blame Apple, but Mojave was out weeks before PS 2019...you figured they would have noticed the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's really a bummer. the busy animation is driving me nuts but i'm unimpressed with the cursor latency overall as well, although the mojave beta update has perhaps improved the situation marginally. but i mean, cursor input is the single most fundamental thing this program has to do correctly other than render an accurate preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does hiding the rulers while painting help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to Mojave 10.14.1 and the bug (busy cursor when painting) is not fixed when using Photoshop2019. However, it still goes away (or at least improves) with rulers hidden. Have not had any of the problems using Photoshop on my Windows 10 machine; only on my Mac using my Wacom Cintiq Pro. Not sure where the problem is. My guess would be in Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We updated our Wacom tablet driver.  Solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hiding rulers improves latency but does nothing for the busy cursor, in my case

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone here having problems with gradients too? I am  having a lot of banding when using gradients on mask.... getting quite visible lines have to say, on both circular and linear gradient

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8bits files, always had light banding on long gradients yes, but before cc19 I never noticed this issue as much..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the challenge from Adobe's perspective is that not only do they have a hellishly complex program, but they also have to try to get it working on a practically infinite number of computer combinations of OS - hardware - tablet drivers - display drivers - anti-virus products - and more; as such it's just not possible to QA test every feature against every system combination.

Frustrating? ... absolutely. But still not one that they can do much about until some unlucky sod gets inflicted by it and Adobe subsequently get enough info to take a closer look at it. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if the problem often turns out to be some other company dropping the ball (I'm running the same code as you -- but don't have this problem; I do however have to edit the registry every single time there's a major release to reassociate image files with the correct version of Photoshop which - by all accounts - is actually a Microsoft issue). It is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you said is true, but for the Windows world. The advantage of OSX is (should be..) that is more homogeneous. You don't need to test the software on thousands of combination. 4 generations of Macbook, 4 of Macbook Pro, 4 of iMac and 4 of Mac pro would be enough.. This release is just awful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate