• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: HUD color picker not working for Gradient tool in version 24

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly use the HUD color picker for selecting color. The shortcut is Shift + Alt + Right click. This lets a hue strip or color wheel pop up to quickly choose colors on the fly. This shortcut used to work for both the brush tool and the gradient tool. Below is a screen grab of the HUD color picker wheel.Screenshot 2023-03-29 153921.png

Ever since version 24 has been introduced this shortcut no longer works for the gradient tool. 

I have been in touch with Adobe numerous times, but the recent updates still have this bug. So, I am still using version 23.

Is anyone else struggling with this?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.4.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.4.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seems to be back in version 24, but only for the gradient tool. So, the brush tool still has the HUD color picker, but not the gradient tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GooieDag and Welkom, Roel, I moved your post from your other thread to this one, as the issue is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you using 24.3? The issue is supposed to work on 24.1.1, at least on a Mac. can you check in system info? 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/colour-wheel-no-longer-pops-up-after-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much appreciated, thank you.
[personal info removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please make sure to remove the auto signature if you reply by email as it shows your personal info to the entire world, and is against forum rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the exact version number that you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoelofVenter_0-1680100505170.png

It does not work in any of the above versions. So, I am using 23.5.5 in which it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that with the Gradient Tool the Hud Color does not work in photoshop 2023 (ps ver 24.3)

It does however work on macOS running photoshop 2023 (ps ver 24.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, the team has fixed this issue and will be available in the next release.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.4.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.4.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is absolutely amazing! Thanks so much, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I use Photoshop v25.1.0 with Win 10 and it still doesn't work, not in color mode or gradient mode:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shift+alt+right click not working to bring up color wheel in ver 25.1.0.  Using wacom intuos pro.  After reinstalling wacom drivers / software, it did work only on the first new file I created in photoshop, which was used as a test file.  Did not save the .psd as it was only a test.  Any subsequent files created with photoshop it will not work in, the same keyboard shortcut now brings up the eye dropper tool.  And no, the keyboard shortcuts were not changed in photoshop.  I have reproduced this behavior twice.  That being a fresh install of wacom software works only on the first edited .psd.  Any other .psd file after will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't work in 25.7. Can we get a fix for this? It's really annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit, ok it does work 🙂 By defualt when you make a gradient map layer it puts you onto the mask layer, you need to click on the main gradient before going in and trying to edit the colours or it'll just pick from the mask layer instead, all good!

Votes

Translate

Translate