• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I'd like to know how to disable the startup tutorial about generative ai

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop 25, every time I start up PS, an image opens on my screen accompanied by a tuorial on generative ai by Anna McNaught. How to I disable this? I don't need it and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

FYI another thread describing the same issue received an answer from an Adobe employee

It is related to non ASCII characters in the Windows User folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startup-tutorial-about-generative-ai/idc-p/14291700#M97842

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Hi Everyone,

First, our sincere apologies to those that are seeing this tutorial pop up at every launch of Photoshop and the frustration it causes that it hasn't been able to be disabled for you. 

This seems to be caused by OS User Accounts that have non-standard characters in the account name. The workarounds we're currently aware of are:

1.  Switch to another OS User Account that does not have non-standard ASCII characters
  2. Roll back to Photoshop 25.0

We have identified the issue and are w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 246 Replies 246
246 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening for me, almost 5 months later. Its really not practical to modify our pc to fix a minor, yet annoying, bug in one program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a question ;D Is this problem only on Windows 10 ? Meayby windows 11 is a solution for this ? Does somebody have the same problem on win11? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿Sigue sin existir solución para este problema? Es verdaderamente agotador...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lo de que este problema lleve meses existiendo y todavía persista es de risa. Y que la solución sea cambiar tu nombre de usuario o volver a una versión anterior (cuando estás pagando por tener el programa actualizado) es más irrisorio aún.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't help and I'm starting to get really frustrated with this annoying pop up to the point I don't even want to use the feature, much less the whole app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pete.Green 

Your 2 solutions are not suitable

But there is a very simple solution that would solve this problem :

Disable this window for EVERYONE.

Thanks. 
From someone who has been suffering from this bug for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI another thread describing the same issue received an answer from an Adobe employee

It is related to non ASCII characters in the Windows User folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startu...

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone.  I am sad to report Anna and I have transitioned into a somewhat strained relationship, since my last update announcement of her becoming a fixture in our home.  My Parents love her, but they don't live with her in Photoshop EVERY day.  My Wife grew tired of sharing my time with her, and has since installed a new sound proof door in my office.  Yet I remain resolve to make this work with me and Anna, in spite of my diminished work conditions and frustrations.  Anna is a trooper.  She NEVER fails to greet me with a smile every morning.  How can you just delete that?  I hope my vote will count as two in my plea to Adobe to ignore all these insensitive cries to relegate Anna to an OPTIONAL CHOICE tutorial section.  It's so lonely in there.  Long Live Anna!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,
Dear @Pete.Green,

I am in doubt by now, that you give this thread and the many voices here the right priority. You might also underestimate the other six thirds below water, that are grumbling day to day without voicing their frustration in this forum.

I know, you are bound to serve your financial backers and investors. I give you that. They and therefore you would like to force us to use machine learning, so that you can ask for more money for the software. It's capitalism. And therefore they/you need us in a state of "learned helplessness".

I also acknowledge that the software problem seems to be like a bowl of spaghetti – you twist one and the whole lot is moving. Meaning: I understand, that in order to solve this issue, many things need to be fixed. Half a year though?

That said, I like to point out: You are forgetting something very important – the trust thermocline. It dropps here fast – a lot to say the least. I explained this psychological phenomenon it in my other thread, so I won't do that again. You can see here quite clearly that we do not want to be patronized. We are creatives!

So please reconsider your approach here. Make tutorials (and all the other "fancy stuff") opt-in instead of opt-out. Everything will be fine. Have faith in your community. We will strive to learn everything about your program. Of course we do. Please do not bother us with things that hinder us to actually use your software. We use it almost every day (we would not fuzz about it otherwise). Give us the chance to explore. Let us be creative! That is what we want.

Thank you,

Franziska

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thank you for your answer. Do you have any idea of the date of the new version with the bug fixed ? You said January but in February the bug still exist.

Thank you so much,

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Même problème, aucune solution, pas la peine de payer pour çà... perso, je repasse à ma version piratée !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I managed to find out that this [abuse removed by moderator] crawls from the server when loading Photoshop. When starting with the Internet turned off, everything is fine, it is not there. And after turning on the Internet with Photoshop running, it does not appear. All that remains is to find the startup key in the registry or some file that is picked up when the program starts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using the PS 2024 with Creative Cloud plan. For a few days, Photoshop has started to freeze and become unresponsive as soon as it starts. I could never close it without Task Manager.
I reinstalled Photoshop and updated both it and the CC program. But the problem continued. I tried Adobe's Preset file solution and moved the "Brushes" file, which is the largest file in the settings folder, to another temporary folder. I restarted my PC. Photoshop started to respond... But PS animations and the home page screen started to appear in the interface/background of the program, as in the screenshot I added (even though I unticked it in the Preferences).  And since I removed the problematic "brushes" file, I only have a few simple brushes left.

Please help, I haven't been able to use Photoshop for days.

PSbug.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Days go by, weeks go by and this problem isn't solved by ADOBE because they don't want to!!!
Today I was charged for my ADOBE plan! And I'm getting angrier every day!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've recently upgraded to the new Photoshop and having this problem. Can you update on when it will be fixed?

I searched a little and learned that changing the user name may create issues so I hope you can fix it from your side soon. It's very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Özgür256693962yz1 

What PS version you have updated to ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, until Adobe itself or more competent users than me solve the problem, I suggest using such a crutch.
Option 1 <Link removed> Search for “command prompt” in the Windows search bar and select Run as administrator corresponding to the Command Prompt application.
In the elevated Command Prompt window, type the following command to identify the name of the adapter:
netsh interface show interface
It should be noted that the name of the Network Adapter is not the same as the name of the network. It will be Ethernet01, Ethernet02, Wi-Fi, etc.
After identifying the name of the Network Adapter, type the following command in the elevated Command Prompt window to disable the Network Adapter:
netsh interface set interface <name of adapter> disable
You can type the following command to enable the Network Adapter:
netsh interface set interface <name of adapter> enable
where <name of adapter> is the name of the Network Adapter which you noted earlier.
Each of the shortcuts can be assigned a hotkey combination.

Option 2. There is a free Net Disabler utility that does not require installation on the system, which will allow you to disable and enable the network adapter with two clicks and block the Internet in other ways. You put its shortcut into autoload, configure it so that it hangs for about an hour and does not interfere.

Before launching Photoshop, the adapter was turned off, and after it was loaded, it was turned on. A little faster than closing Anna, and not as annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if somebody else has just responded to that: I have still the same issue ion Windows 11. So that won't be the solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Photoshop and it's gone now. Thank you for the link, sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 25.5 update and the tutorial popped up on the first launch. I gave it a fair chance and ran through all the steps creating this monstrosityIceland, kinda.jpg

After closing and relaunching Photoshop, I didn't get the tutorial again, hurray! Also no corrupt-named Windows user folder. Seems good to me

Most of my AI generation prompts didn't go through. I asked for a stone face on the side of the mountain and just got variations of mountainsides. I asked for a dwarven mine entrance and got.... more mountainsides. I asked for a volcano and got... mountainsides. I really had to fight with the algorythm to get anything that wasn't just more mountainsides without the stuff I asked. It's BAD.

I couldn't get a lightning bolt that didn't look cartoonish either. Asking for photorealistic lighting made it somehow worse.

So yeah, this is the end of a nightmarishly reoccuring fever dream of a tutorial for a broken feature than hardly ever works in a satisfying way. When it DOES work, it's fantastic, but most of the time the generated results are unusable, and once the AI makes up its mind on a design, it will completely refuse to generate anything else.

MOUNTAINSIDES. HAVE SOME MORE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh glory! It seems that ADOBE has decided to answer our pleas!!! After all, we pay for it and we have the right to demand it!!!
Will I miss Anna McNaughted? I swear, now I was starting to fall in love with her!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mohit Goyal@Pete.Green & the Adobe-Team,

HEUREKA! \o/ What a glorious day! You've done it.
I am sorry for Anna. She probably suffered as much as we did.
Please send her my regards and best wishes.

And for/to the rest of us:
Let's create something beautiful and make the world a better place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mohit.  I must say I was a bit concerned when I heard you took Anna from me.  But thankfully, she is still here after updating to 25.5 per your announcement and instructions.  After install, I restarted my Mac Studio (Sonoma V14.2.1) and she is still with me.  I can't say my Wife is happy about this, but this will give me more time to mend my strained relationship with Anna.  I know the dreadful day will come when Anna and I must part.  But until you find a universal solution for everyone, I get to enjoy her joyful greeting multiple times a day.  

Votes

Translate

Translate