• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I'd like to know how to disable the startup tutorial about generative ai

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop 25, every time I start up PS, an image opens on my screen accompanied by a tuorial on generative ai by Anna McNaught. How to I disable this? I don't need it and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

FYI another thread describing the same issue received an answer from an Adobe employee

It is related to non ASCII characters in the Windows User folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startup-tutorial-about-generative-ai/idc-p/14291700#M97842

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Hi Everyone,

First, our sincere apologies to those that are seeing this tutorial pop up at every launch of Photoshop and the frustration it causes that it hasn't been able to be disabled for you. 

This seems to be caused by OS User Accounts that have non-standard characters in the account name. The workarounds we're currently aware of are:

1.  Switch to another OS User Account that does not have non-standard ASCII characters
  2. Roll back to Photoshop 25.0

We have identified the issue and are w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 246 Replies 246
246 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a little excessive???

Adobe is the world leader in software and could solve this problem in seconds. I'm tired of being made into clowns by a company that can and has the obligation to respect those who pay to have their software available.

I cannot understand where the problem lies. Simply turn off this annoying function and update the software... is there anything easier than that?

if i pay, i have the right to have the newest version of the program, i simple thont want to rool back for a previous version. Simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to v25.0 which works fine so far. Will wait with updates until v25.2+.

Thank you @Secret Jardin Marketing 😘

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems obvious that there is a bug in AI.

But there must be somthing else in combination to this as I do not have the issue on my PC ,

only on my Laptop. I have exactly the same version and all preferences are the same.
Are all users of PS afffected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But there must be somthing else in combination to this as I do not have the issue on my PC ,

only on my Laptop. I have exactly the same version and all preferences are the same.
Are all users of PS afffected?

Now that's interesting and the first time I have seen information of this sort. What would be the typical differences I wonder?

What are the power setting on your laptop?  Does it use a discrete GPU or an onboard GPU?

What video card drivers are you using on each machine?  If Nvidia, are they both Studio drivers or Game Ready?  I'm thinking in terms of this being a display related issue.

To anyone else reading this and who is experiencing this issue, would you please give us a brief description of your set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC  NVIDIA RTX Geforce 2050

Laptop NVIDIAGeforce GTX 1660  Legion Y540-15IRH Gaming Laptop

onboard GPU

Powersetting to be around 65%

Both are Lenovo

I have not installed Geforce Experience which is used for gaming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

I have disabled the GPU in preferences, no luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Very annoying. Waiting for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange things happens. 

I have two accounts on my Laptop, one administrator account and one local.

I switrched to the local acc. and the video does not start!

I have had some problems with PS  behaving strange

before and then Lenovo suggested that I should create a new W11 local account .

It worked then and it seems to work now

It could be worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch Photoshop an untitled document named Iceland and the generative AI tutorial are launched as if it was the first time it was displayed.

This is very annoyingimage.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A number of people have reported this persistently upcoming and unwanted tutorial. According to Adobe staff (posting in those threads) they're looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best solution so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and to be frank - I am dead tired of hearing Anna each I launch PS and having not to save the image automatically opened. 

Come on with the patch Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and I also can't stand listening to Anna every time I start PS

For now I installed version 24.7.2 until the bug is resolved

I believe there are many users going through this and they just didn't report the error.

It's been months like this without fixing this error, this is disappointing Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many users going through this but they just didn't report the error or didn't use 25.1. I'm having the same problem and I also can't stand listening to her tutorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, if anyone is keeping count.

Poor Anna.  She probably has no idea.   My Wife thinks I'm having a Zoom affair with someone named Anna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI

I'M the original poster and the problem has gone away...when i did the 14.1.1 Sonoma update, the problem vanished. So despite the fact that Sonoma seems weird, I would try updating if you haven't already

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SausalitoDog I'm happy to hear that your problem has disappeared after updating your macOS.

I'm wondering if any of the rest of you who've installed the latest PS update 25.2 (released today, I think) have found that their problem has gone away too.

Tom Elliott (the actual original poster)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Coffeetablebook-

wasn't trying to steal your thunder on this thread...i've been reading and answering the subject so long i actually though i did begin it... hat's off to you for getting it out there.

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem Tom. We are a strong community, at least from what I've observed so far. I'm just glad to be part of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Sonoma 14.1.1 and Photoshop 25.1 the latest for both.  Anna continues to greet me multiple times a day.  At some point soon, I'm going to have to introduce her to my Parents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, Anna keeps popping up no matter what.. waiting for this to resovle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an update on my part. I've been in contact with Pattie from Adobe who helped me resolve the crashes I've been having, which were apparently unrelated to the Generative Fill tutorial. Photoshop 25.1 is able to run normally, however the tutorial comes up every single time, despite the fix attempts proposed by Pattie.

I also now observe some new weird thing if the tutorial is allowed to play, where a gray pop-up window with no content  remains stuck on the screen forever until Photoshop is closed (usually it's the size in the attached screenshot, sometimes it's just an outline line, as if the pop-up window had a height of 0). I don't get this if I close the tutorial file quick enough.

Workarounds include:

- Paying attention while Photoshop launches so I can close the tutorial file immediately (no getting coffee while it loads, or I'll be stuck with the gray box)

- Opening Photoshop on one monitor and moving the window to my second monitor, so the sticky pop-up stays behind and doesn't block half the window (not great) 

These issues persist in 25.2, unfortunately. The gray box is definitely related to the tutorial steps appearing on-screen (although these steps are in a separate pop-up which I can move around or close if I want to), it's not an issue if the tutorial isn't allowed to run its course.

Photoshop 25.2 Weird box.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Fanjoy. You made me laugh out loud, and that's nice to start my day with. That's another good reason to be part of this community. Hope though, that Adobe finds a solution soon.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since 2 months on Windows, but it works fine on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate