• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I'd like to know how to disable the startup tutorial about generative ai

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop 25, every time I start up PS, an image opens on my screen accompanied by a tuorial on generative ai by Anna McNaught. How to I disable this? I don't need it and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

FYI another thread describing the same issue received an answer from an Adobe employee

It is related to non ASCII characters in the Windows User folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startup-tutorial-about-generative-ai/idc-p/14291700#M97842

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Hi Everyone,

First, our sincere apologies to those that are seeing this tutorial pop up at every launch of Photoshop and the frustration it causes that it hasn't been able to be disabled for you. 

This seems to be caused by OS User Accounts that have non-standard characters in the account name. The workarounds we're currently aware of are:

1.  Switch to another OS User Account that does not have non-standard ASCII characters
  2. Roll back to Photoshop 25.0

We have identified the issue and are w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 246 Replies 246
246 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your bs still hasn't been fixed. This is unbelievable!

Same annoying crap like that contextual menu bar.

Or the fact your basically killed SVG export.

Maybe I should become a pirate? Because why pay for stupid "features" I have never asked for?

_______
I miss the old Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This situation is giving me a nervous breakdown. Solve it immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is becoming quite disastrous, and we are trying to take it lightly, but it's becoming annoying. I can understand to some extent that the program code might be a bit chaotic after so many years and updates, or that with the holidays, the staff may be more lazy or absent. However, I believe that simply adding the option to disable tutorials shouldn't be a big task, and with a reasonably trained intern programmer, it could be done.

We already know that we can use AI to fix and create images and much more, as those of us who faithfully pay for Adobe Cloud every month or just a single program are attentive to its updates, videos, or community. Another thing, the more times the video appears, the more reluctant I am to use the AI, and I almost prefer to go back to the classic mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add along with this crap of the stupid, not very useful tutorial. We are also treated to a popup ad to "go to their discourse server for inspiration". I guess I'm getting the popup ad because I keep PS running 24/7 so I don't have be annoyed by the tutorial so the marketing people decided "let's give him popup ads".

I want to repeat what I said earlier. The problem with adobe ai is it is way way way to restrictive. Considering the lawsuit that NY Times has brought against chatgpt (and NYT really has a poin). AI may just disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, je sature, 

A chaque ouverture de PS, le tutoriel de d'IA s'ouvre, avec la photo de la maison dans la brûme et tout, je n'arrive pas a désactiver ça, c'est extrement irritant... 

D'avance merci si vous avez une solution... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always, after start Photoshop, show me a demo for generative fill (AI). I click all. I saw all at demo. But still it start... I want to disable this autostart of "new feature".

How can I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @pavels57117862. I'll help you figure this out. Please share the system info from Photoshop Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload & attach here. 

I'll move this to discussions for now. This may be related to the issue reported here: https://adobe.ly/424Tih0

You can also test installing Photoshop (beta) 25.5.0 M2464 from the Creative Cloud desktop app & check if the issue exists.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @Clément25176960otsa. I'll help you figure this out. Please share the system info from Photoshop Help > System info > Copy & paste into a text document > upload & attach here. 

This may be related to the issue reported here: https://adobe.ly/3UkO8vx

You can test installing Photoshop (beta) v25.5.0 M2464 from the Creative Cloud desktop app & check if the issue exists.

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour @Clément25176960otsa.,

La cause du problème a déjà été identifiée par Adobe, il s'agirait d'un problème lié à la lecture/écriture dans le dossier Utilisateur sous Windows dans le cas où le nom d'utilisateur comprend des caractères hors de la table ASCII (par exemple le é de Clément). Photoshop ne parvient donc pas à lire ou écrire le statut de première éxécution du didacticiel de remplissage génératif car il "tappe" dans le mauvais dossier en raison de l'encodage de caractère défectueux, et répète comme si c'était la première fois à chaque ouverture.

Les solutions proposées par Pete Green d'Adobe sont les suivantes:

- Changer d'utilisateur Windows, ou renommer l'utilisateur actuel, de sorte qu'il n'y aie aucun accent ni caractères "non-standard"

- Revenir provisoirement à la version 25.0 de Photoshop, qui n'avait pas encore en place la lecture automatique de l'assistant remplissage génératif (cec peut être fait via Creative Cloud dans le volet Applications en cliquant sur ... à droite de Photoshop et en sélectionnant "Autres Versions")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pete.Green Any news on when an update for this issue is coming? The situaton remains very irritating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 😄 25.4 solve the problem ? ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2024 Jan 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pinned comment about ascii characters is wrong. And it's still a big issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay 😄 Ill still use 25.0 ;D not updadte 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very dissapointed. I have the same issue. But this is not the only one problem with my PS.

I can't print. Just trying to open printing window (doesn't matter if I click ctrl+p or menu -> print), and PS crashes all the time. Can't find issue for turning off AI tutorial and for disable printing as well.

Using Adobe programs from years and it getting worse year by year. Just had to express my frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again disappointed with ADOBE!
Today I updated to WEB version 25.4.0 and that 'Generative Fill Wizard' has not been fixed.
I've also corrected 'characters outside the ASCII table', in my case: João to Joao and nothing has changed!!!
Now if I want to get rid of this annoying video I'll have to downgrade to version 25.0! And the worst thing is that I'm a subscriber (I spend my money) and I still have to be annoyed every time I start PS.
Disappointed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I updated to see if that will fix the problem, but no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, because i have a non-american letter in my name, photoshop still thinks i should be punished in version 25.4. This shouldn't be such a hard thing to fix guys...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Umut Çakmak To be fair, I do tend to side with developers here when people say "it shouldn't be so hard to fix", because really, there's ALWAYS some repercussions to changing processes, and as a user, you wouldn't necessarilly see all that implies under the hood.

What's obviously going on here is a character encoding issue, where our names are using characters which fall outside of the ASCII/ISO 8859 Latin-1 table. In the past, different languages would use different (but also limited) selections of characters, which matched different glyphs to the same limited 256 table (one byte per character). When moving the binary data to a system using a different norm, these would be represented using the incorrect glyphs a they get converted the other way around. In recent years, most systems have shifted to using UTF-8, which has a wide enough range of glyphs to encompass everything used in every language (so far), one table for all, if you will but this relies on using more bytes for characters outside the ASCII range, which remains the base and norm. Whenever a bit of code which is still working with one-byte ASCII encoding encounters these multi-byte character, it doesn't know how to group them and interpret them correctly, so it just handles each individual byte as if they were all individual characters.

You could say "OK, let's just change the code so that it reads the data as UTF-8", sure, but what if that bit of code passes on to another bit of code which still expects ASCII? "OK, we'll change that one too then", OK, but what if that other bit of code causes some memory allocation issues because it now has to deal with variable-length data? "OK, let's fix that", and it goes on and on and on.

What I'm trying to say here is that what seems like a simple bug might require fundamental changes in several processes in order to fix, and we just don't know that. The only thing I'm hoping is that Adobe doesn't just decide "This is too much work, forget it"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enough already! I'm fed up! Someone, please solve this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

merci pour cette réponse claire, c'est apprécié. Je m'en vais regarder tout cela. 

clément 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good explanation for this problem that makes most people 'angry'.
I believe that with ADOBE's structure and the technology acquired after years of developing the application, the will to solve the problem is lacking!!!
Hugs from Brazil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one more thing: has anyone read an official statement from ADOBE about this annoying problem? Does ADOBE want a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Secret Jardin Marketing Thanks for your very detailed message, it is helpful to people who don't know about how softwares work. However I am also a programmer and this problem can have multiple solutions. And i'm very right to be angry about it because they are a big company with a lot of engineers and we are paying a lot of money monthly for them to make things work. He are some solutions to make things easier for everyone:
1 - They can disable this tutorial until they can solve the problem with their own ways
2 - They don't have to check for our actual name because i'm assuming we have some ASCII compatible user ids in their databases because everything else works fine so they can use that one for checking
3 - On their saved data they can instead use only a boolean (True-False) for saving the tutorial pass check without any further checks for other user names (and they can just turn it to false again if the user logs out assuming they want every new user to see the tutorial)
4 - They can add a basic option in the settings to turn off this tutorial check, this way we don't have to wait for adobe to fix this issue
5 - They can switch to a better save data structure as ASCII character problem is a problem of 10 even 20 years ago and they are a very big company that should think about these kinds of things and prepare even before an issue comes up
6 - If they can't change their save data structure, they can just add a second save file that does support ASCII characters with their new features
7 - They also should check for any issues and bugs BEFORE they release a broken update 4 times, to prevent any further issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I realized is that :

• if we launch Photoshop from the Creative Cloud app, the lady Anna doesn't show up;
  • But if we launch Photoshop directly from Windows (shortcut or the exe or Bridge), the lady Anna shows up

May be that could give a hit to the developers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... unfortunately it didn't work here!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate