• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I'd like to know how to disable the startup tutorial about generative ai

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop 25, every time I start up PS, an image opens on my screen accompanied by a tuorial on generative ai by Anna McNaught. How to I disable this? I don't need it and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

FYI another thread describing the same issue received an answer from an Adobe employee

It is related to non ASCII characters in the Windows User folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startup-tutorial-about-generative-ai/idc-p/14291700#M97842

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Hi Everyone,

First, our sincere apologies to those that are seeing this tutorial pop up at every launch of Photoshop and the frustration it causes that it hasn't been able to be disabled for you. 

This seems to be caused by OS User Accounts that have non-standard characters in the account name. The workarounds we're currently aware of are:

1.  Switch to another OS User Account that does not have non-standard ASCII characters
  2. Roll back to Photoshop 25.0

We have identified the issue and are w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 246 Replies 246
246 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG 25.3.1 still the same problem ... its really annoying ... go back to 25.0...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I had my IT supporter alter my existing User ID (with non-English characters) to a substitue name with only English characters -fortunately he was able to do so without having to create an entirely new User ID (which would have meant reinstalling a host of sundry software apps).

The good news is that Anna has vanished.

Also, I had another related Adobe issue where Photoshop failed to save Plugin registrations (license key info) to the AppData folder. This was also solved by removing non-English characters from the User ID.

Best regards
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell me how ? ;D

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried updating to 25.3.1 in the hope of fixing this bug, but once again, nothing has been resolved (it's been the third month already). It's impossible to work like this; due to memory leaks, I have to restart Photoshop every 20-30 photos when actively using the Remove tool and Liquify. By the 30th time, closing all those tutorials and windows, you start to hate Anna McNaught, who is not at fault in any way.

I really hope for a resolution to this problem in the upcoming updates. I have to use version 25.0 with constant restarts, which otherwise works well and without annoying pop-ups at launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its look like adobi joke ;D

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: You have been Anna McNaughted. Change your friends OS User Acount name with special character in order to get UnAnna McNaughted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your program is getting worse and worse with every release.

Instead of annoying your pro users with nonsense KI tutorials, JUST LET US DO OUR WORK PLEASE

I do NOT need or want this:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-15 um 19.53.57.jpg

_______
I miss the old Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a known issue, something to do with non-standard characters in the Windows user account. Should probably be fixed in the latest update that came yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally,  my OS User Account does not have non-standard ASCII characters, but I constantly get the popup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone.  I am happy to report Anna and I are now three months into our relationship and we couldn't be happier.  She greets me multiple times a day and always with a smile.  The Wife has even accepted Anna into our family, and has stopped divorce proceedings.  The three of us are planning a vacation together soon, as I often take my editing work on the road.  Please don't fix this issue and destroy what has become an amazing relationship.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Fanjoy, I love your approach to this issue so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Enjoy your time with Anna, and your wife of course. ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it didn't fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The popup tutorials are missing a way to dismiss. This is clearly a bug since they show up everytime, even after I've gone through them. They are in the way and can't be dismissed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobi we are still waiting 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
If I pay for the Adobe package, why am I forced (even though I don't want to) every time I open PS WEB to get the pop up window about Generative Fill?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does it take >3 months to fix a simple bug like this? I'm paying for this product, I'm not a voluntary beta tester. Please fix it already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't EVER want to see ANY autoplaying video/audio when i launch photoshop. yes, i know i can turn off "auto show the home screen," but then i lose the grid of recent documents on launch.

the more garbage like this that adobe adds, the more likely it is that i'm just going to cancel my subscription. why am i paying for distractions and ads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH NO!  Pete, say it ain't so.

I just introduced Anna to my parents.  We had so many plans in '24.  How do I break this to her?  This will be a special but only Chrismas for us.  I'm going to open and close and open Photoshop 100 times a day until she's gone in January.  Oh poor Anna.  I hope we can visit again some day from an elective menu.  Gonna miss you, Anna.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As annoying as this is, and it really is annoying. I have to admit it was what got me to start using generative fill. But, alas I had to stop using generative fill as it is absurdly restrictive. Example: I had a face (my own) I asked the AI to make the hair longer it did a decent job. Then I asked the AI to make the hair cover the ears (same image) and for some reason only known to adopy that was a "VIOLATION OF THE TERMS". I then went and tried the exact same thing on three other AI's I use and of course no problem. I will continue to use the generative fill but if they charge anything for it forget it. I'm not going to pay 5 cents for an AI that tells me what I can and can not do. That said if it's free then go ahead tell me what I can't do. I think we all know the reason they are pushing the AI (by refusing to fix the bug) is to get subcribers using it so they can charge$$$

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has now become ridiculous. I just started getting popup messages about their subpar generative ai. Again to be fair it does a good job but is very limited in what it will let me or you do. The new popups (haven't upgraded anything), have no idea where they came from?

If I ever forced my clients to look at popups and unwanted tutorials I pretty much wouldn't have any. It's very ironic adopy is forcing me to pay for popup ads, disguised as something useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bom dia, estamos com problema, sempre ao abrir o photoshop ele mostra novamente a demonstração da IA generativa, e isso toma um tempo, pois abre um novo documento de demontração e acaba deixando o trabalho lento.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate