• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lagging while zooming and painting with Native Canvas Rulers enabled - PS (v23.2.0) Windows

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Bit of a strange one and I've only noticed this since recent updates. When I have an image (regardless of resolution etc) open and the PS window is active/in-focus, I can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel smoothly as long as the image is fully visible in the PS window canvas. But if I zoom in closer so parts of the image fall outside of the canvas, then zooming is laggy, like as if there's a CPU spike laggy but there actually is not any CPU spike.

If I click out of the PS window so PS is no longer in-focus, and then hover the mouse over the PS window and then zoom (WIndows by default will allow scrolling or zooming on whatever window app window the mouse is hovered over) then the exact same zooming actions are smooth.

I have recorded a video showing what i mean to help give a better visual of what I'm on about: https://youtu.be/3Xv7E-JPnZg

My mouse is a Logitech MX Master 3 and it is running the latest software, this issue has only been noticed since recent PS updates though so I don't think it is mouse related. Zooming using CTRL & -/+ on the keyboard does not exhibit this issue however, but the zooming steps are much larger using the keyboard shortcut.

I am on Windows 11 (up to date) and have the nVidia Studio driver v511.65.

Cheers!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

I updated to the 23.2.2 update this morning, and it fixed the issue for me. 

I was able to keep the rulers visible on my Cintiq with no brush lag. 

Thanks, Adobe!

[2.3.2.2 edited to 23.2.2 by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 126 Replies 126
126 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have lastest version 24.3 and still have problem with lagging after press alt. There is no “Enable Native Canvas Rulers” option.

Votes

Translate

Translate