• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Liquify brush cursor moves by itself

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the previous version of PS, opening Liquify makes the cursor brush move erratically throughout the screen for a couple of seconds.

Basically there is no control with the mouse until it stops and you can regain control.

I use a Mac Book Pro 2018 and a new Mac mini M1 and even with the new release, it still has that bug and it's not machine-specific.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
41 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does the same since I updated it to the newest version 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the latest Photoshop (25.1.0), playing on a Macbook Pro M1 Max - and my cursor is all over the place when I use Liquify.  It won't stop moving.

Help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was seeing things !! Yes this needs to be fixed asap !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the issue seems to have been reincarnated in 2023. The floating cursor in Liquify (and to a lesser extent in Camera Raw) is back. I'm on a brand new M3 2023 iMac. It happens as well on my older Macbook Air but not as offen. It's so bad in the former that it almost makes Liquify impossible to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered a work-around (that has been working for me until I post about the work-around). Use the Rectangle Selection Tool to select the area you plan on liquifying and the cursor seems to operate as it normally should. But it still jumps around erratically before it finally settles down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, the issue is back again anyone found a solution? It's super annoying that we can't use photoshop properly for at least few months now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an M1 Max and I teach Photoshop.  I am unable to demonstrate Liquify in any of my classes at the moment.

Adobe - please respond to this.  Your silence is unforgiveable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you missed it, I have been using Liquify successfully 100% of the time by first making a rough rectagular selection around the area that you intend to work on. This then "corrals" the wayward ghostly cursor to give you control over where you need it to go. Not the ideal solution, but it does work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, I took things even further and noticed that if I do a Select > All before going into Liquify, I can work on the entire image with a stable cursor. It jumps around for a split second initially, but eventually settles down. I haven't done it enough times to assure that it ALWAYS works, but initial testing suggests it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this isn't fixed. 

Release 25.4 on an intel imac and still having this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround that works for me: move the cursor to the top of the screen (where the application menu is) and then start Liquify Filter with a shortcut Shift+Cmd+X (on a mac).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still happening!
Mac mini/Apple M2 Pro, Photoshop v25.5.1. The only solution that works so far is Shift+Cmd+X to open the liquify tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who stuck with this issue the only solution so far is this:

1. move the cursor all the way up the screen (where the Menu is)

2. start Liquify filter with a shortcut Shift+Cmd+X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What works for me, 100% of the time, is to use the Rectangle tool to grab a large section of the area one intends to liquify. This seems to "corral" the cursor to remain stable in the selected area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on Photoshop 25.4.0. It is almost like someone else is trying to grab the cursor from me in Liquidify. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the keyboard shortcut for Liquify instead of Liqufy from the Menu. Works every time. Alternately, use the Rectangle tool to select the area you want to work on and select Liquify from the Menu. The cursor will stablize in both cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate