• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Liquify brush cursor moves by itself

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the previous version of PS, opening Liquify makes the cursor brush move erratically throughout the screen for a couple of seconds.

Basically there is no control with the mouse until it stops and you can regain control.

I use a Mac Book Pro 2018 and a new Mac mini M1 and even with the new release, it still has that bug and it's not machine-specific.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
41 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of ideas…

• Are any updates for Photoshop available?
  • Have you tried resetting the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael.  It's a brand new downloaded PS on a clean brand new Mac Mini M1. The preferences are new as well. 

This happens on my intel Mac Book Pro 2018 as well.  it's not a preference problem. 

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here to ask the same question. I have a 2019 iMac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Started about a month ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with a brand new Mac Mini M1.  I'm using a Huion H1060p tablet.  The only work-around I've found is to hold the pen against the tablet while pressing Cmnd+Shift+X to bring up the liquify tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is till persisting on photoshop 23.0.1. We are using M1 iMac in company and this issue is devastating for our performance.  Would please adobe stand up and atleast aknowledge this issue. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue! Resetting Preferences won't help. Any fresh ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is everyone here using a Mac? just using a mouse? Did everyone update to 23.0.1?

Was it the case in older versions? with wich version did it start?

Any chance to capture a video of the issue?

Any other program running at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens with a macbook pro and iMac M1 with and without a mouse.... 

it's not related to input device but a stupid bug that adobe doesn't fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 2013,  mouse, latest version of PS (23.0.1), started with version 22 or even earlier.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac 27" 2019 32GB ram, 8GB video ram. PS 23.0.0
Sometimes it lasts for a second, sometimes for a few seconds.
Pretty annoying when you gets into certain speed and rithm of retouching...

From openning liquify till 8th second of the video cursor moves on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very strange bug. Does it happen every time you invoke liquify? Any other clues as to what might trigger it? Maybe something you were doing prior to opening Liquify? I haven't been able to repro so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any third party plug-ins/extensions installed? Lazy Nezumi?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, just open an image and go straight to liquify.
One thing noticed. When the photoshop just stated and liqufy invokes for the first time it works right away. 
But on the second and all following invokes liquify acts as described, I'd say every subsequent for longer time.
It looks like some cursor moves from previous liquify use got stack in video ram and then offload on next liquify use.
One thing for sure, when I untick "Use Graphic Processor" in performance preferences the problem goes (liquify itself works slowly and not as smooth of course). Using or not OpenCL dosent make any difference. 
Ive got Portraiture and Exposure X5 installed but dont run them prior liquify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll see if there's something about the amount of brushing and subsequent launches that triggers it, and if I can get reproduce it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still not able to repro at all. Might need more help on what triggers it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi it is not clear hw to trigger this. In our company we have 40 iMasc from different era with or without mouse no third party plug ins installed. The bug is more prominent if you process pictures in fast pace and invoke the liquify frequently. We tried to narrow it down to some tools but without luck. This bug is present from version 22.0 until the latest 23.0.1. Today we are trying 23.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to reproduce the issue on M1 iMac and on intel macbook both on version 23.0.2!!!

The issue is the cursor possition during liquify invoking. When the cursor is placed in photoshop and moved during liquify invoke it will repeate the last path. If the cursor is placed on panels or outside the photoshop liquify works normally. Please see video below:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlvmvYLwpv2Bqa8GBUg4uOU9itJbLQ?e=urF2Xp 

I was able to reproduce it with brush, healing, spot and so on. Pen tool, hand tool, and move tool do not trigger these.

Now please fix this stuff or give us a feasible workarround how to keep on using photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave try to suggestion in this post but it has no effect to to liquify behaviour. Cursor styl repeating lst strokes from canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our engineers thinks he has the steps to reproduce consistently. We'll investigate. Thanks! If you're affected by this issue, be sure to hit the UpVote at the top of the page!

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I've updated to Photoshop 23.1 and I am still having the same issue in the liquidy tool. Additionaly every 3rd-4th click when I am using various tools (doesn't seem tool specific), my cursor will jump halfway across the image. This is especially frustrating because everytime it happens I have to hotkey "undo" to undo the damage whatever tool I was using just did to my image.

It's literally slowing down my process to the point of making it next to impossible to get anyting done. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, freeing up substantial harddrive space on my Macbook Pro, but nothing seems to make it better. It all started when I upgraded to Photoshop 23.0 a few months ago, I have since upgraded to v23.1 in hopes that there would be a bug fix for these issues, but neither have been fixed. Disspointing since I rely on this product and have used it for over a decade, this is by far one of the worst bugs I've encountered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify, my when my cursor jumps every 3-4 clicks it is when using almost any tool in photoshop not just Liquify. It happens with brush tool, pen tool, band-aid, etc... whatever tool I am using. And this only happens with photoshop, none of my other adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate