Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Menus greyed out after "Add to Photos" on macOS Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Each time i export an image via the function "Add to Photos" (Mac), the image is correctly exported but after that all menus are greyed out and the only possibility to get out of this is a "Forced stop" of Photoshop as "Stop Photoshop" is also greyed out.

No possibility to close the open image, no possibility to open another image, no actibe buttons, ...

See screenshots (export & greyed out menus).

Already reinstalled Photoshop several times, reset all settings, without any plugins, ... nothig helps.

With previous versions of Photoshop there was no issue at this point.

All latest updates are installed.

Adobe Photoshop 23.1.1 20220106.r.202 060a6d1 x64

Mac OS 12.1.0 - iMac Pro 27" - Intel CPU:6 3200 MHz  - Memory: 32768 MB

GPUForce: 0 - seGPU: 1 - useOpenCL: 1 - isGPUCapable: 1
GPUName: AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56
IsNativeGPUCapable: 1 - IsOpenGLGPUCapable: 1 - IsOpenCLGPUCapable: 1 - HasSufficientRAM: 1
GPU accessible RAM: 8,573 MB - Required GPU accessible RAM: 1,500 MB
UseGraphicsProcessorChecked: 1 - UseOpenCLChecked: 1

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

One of our QE was finallyable to replicate and is investigating. Thanks for reporting!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.  When I am done editing a photograph with photoshop, I want to save them directly to my Apple Photos library.  So, I click on the share button that specifically says "Add to Photos", and after everytime I click it, my photo successfully goes to Apple Photos, but Photoshop freezes and I have to manually force quit the application in order to use it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file.

Also: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

*To manually delete Photoshop preferences:
Quit Photoshop.
Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder:
macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
Windows 10: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note:
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @VerSeg 

We could not reproduce this issue. Does it happen with all files you open and try to export to Photos?

Couple other things to try:

1. When the menus are grey, does the esc key do anything?

2. If you look in activity monitor, does Photoshop or Photos show as Not Responding?

One other thing to maybe try is grab a sample process using Activity Monitor while Photoshop is in the state where the menus are grey. Instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/how-to-get-a-process-sample-or-spindump.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our QE was finallyable to replicate and is investigating. Thanks for reporting!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When done with an image and I want to share it to my photos, instead of saving as a PDF.. it freezes. It will stay open, but only allow me to work on the layer I was on, with the selected item and tool prior to sharing. There is no way to get out, can't go to file quit.. can't file anything, nothing is active. I have to force quit photoshop to get it to do anything - when I re open it works fine until I "share to photos" again.

Votes

Translate

Translate