• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Pasting shape while shape is selected now creates new layer

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up until Photoshop 21.1, you could select a shape path with the Path Selection Tool, copy and paste that shape into the selected shape path. I updated to to 21.1 today and the behaviour has changed. I think this must be a bug, because now no matter what you do, pasting the shape creates a new layer, it no longer pastes into the selected shape.

Here's a video demonstrating this issue, the first portion shows the behaviour as it has been up until now, the second portion shows the issue introduced in 21.1.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this Jed, writing it up as bug. For the mean time, you can use the Merge Shapes popout menu in the layers panel. Thank you for reporting it.
-Tom Attix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested on Win10 21.1.0 and issue does not occur. Unable to verify on 21.1.1 yet. Yikes, I use that enough to be worried.

Emergency workaround for the right-now:
Select both layers, rt(ctrl)-click on layer name to bring up context menu, select "Merge Shapes" 

also, you could create keyboard hotkeys for the menu options under "Layer->Combine Shapes" if you find you are doing shape Merge, subtraction, intersection, exclusion often enough to warrant it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes sorry, I shoud have specified my OS, I'm on macOS Catalina. Glad to hear that it's not hurting Windows users as well! Thanks for the replies

Votes

Translate

Translate