I am working on the latest version of Photoshop 2022 v23.1 and macOS Monterey 12.0.1 and I noticed that whenever I apply an Angle to a pattern in Pattern Overlay, it fires up my laptop big time and it also takes ages to export the file and save it.
These are my steps:
1. I create a pattern and use Define Pattern to save it to the pattern library
2. I open another file and apply Pattern Overlay with my previously created pattern
3. I change the Angle to 20 (or 50, it doesn't matter)
4. I try to export the file and photoshop freezes and my laptop gets overheated
4. I try to save the file and photoshop freezes and my laptop gets overheated
If I wait and close all other processes, it takes 15 minutes (yes, you read that right) to finish the job.
I checked multiple times and on previous versions and if I change the Angle back to 0, the photoshop works just fine.
Found the same issue on the latest version of Photoshop 2021 - hence, I thought that this bug might be fixed in 2022 version.
So, could anyone offer some insight on what's happening? Any ideas on how to find a workaround, perhaps?