• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Perspective Warp upside down [2023]

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be an issue with Photoshop 2023, which the Perspective Warp tool makes the images appear upside down. It is only after approval that the images resume their orginal position. ie Correct way up.

What is going on?

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b x64

[confusing typo fixed by mod]

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Engineering is looking into this issue.

As workaround, go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)" - Restart Photoshop.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023
Sorry everyone for the “won’t fix” confusion. We’ll set this thread to Investigating as we currently don’t have a “cannot reproduce” status we can use in the thread. This issue seems to affect older generation GPUs between 8 and 13 years old. We’ll continue to investigate but cannot guarantee a fix for this one will come for older GPUs. Affected GPUs posted in this thread so far:
  • NVIDIA
  • GeForce GTX 680
  • GeForce GTX 780
  • GeForce GTX 960M
  • Nvidia Quadro K1200
  • Quadro K620
  • Quadro M1000M
  • AMD
  • Rade
Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team - is there a fix for this issue yet? it's been some time now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can solve the puppet by making layer as smart object , but not prespective warp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is ok for normal warp ( transform ) you can also make layer as a smart object but the same is not sensible answer for the Prespective Warp 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no , you can use it by changing preferences > technology preview > check the use old GPU older than 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not work with prespective warp , it works only with Transform warp , you can also make layer as a smart object layer to use transform warp but not prespective warp 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There will be a point where those older GPUs simply won't work at all. Adobe's other option is to refuse to run on an unsupported GPU. I expect that we will see more problems with newer PS versions going forward and there may not be workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it has been shown here multiple times, it's not about older GPUs at all, they work just fine, there are neat workarouds for each bug which enables them to work as well as for "newer" GPUs. So it's a bug of something else. And once more: "Enable old GPU mode (pre 2016)" is a bad advice because these things that have little to nothing do with GPUs, also IMHO looks like it just switches to software rendering. And, also some even newer than 2016 GPUs from Nvidia were reported. 

Yeah, in theory older GPUs may not get all the fancy new (3D) features anymore and that would perhaps force manufacturers to divert their code at some point if they need to support the older models and still utilize the new features of the new GPUs, how much effort and work that would yield, hard to say. The question here is how old is too old, in my opinion these Quadro GPUs are far, far from too old and far from being incapable of handling Photoshop rendering as there are no visibly traces that they would give any problems (when there is no bug). This is especially true since Adobe already dropped 3D features that could presumably give the biggest headache. 

Not sure what is the motivation with this effort of pushing the old GPUs out, I think there are still huge amout of people working with these "older" GPUs just because they work so well and you can get a 2nd hand quality business Laptop/Desktop for ridiculously cheap with a powerful GPU and big mem etc compared to the overpriced plasticky consumer things they sell around at wall mart and other consumer stores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think it's a different problem because if it is due to older GPU more complex features give us more problems but in reality, all other new updates are perfectly work with older GPU 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want a fix for it, it worked before on this PC set up and now it doesn't, its not even a premium feature. We pay a lot of money for the program and I use this feature daily. The issue has been reported enough and for long enough to warrant fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the version 24.1 and 24.1.1 I'm having the same issue: Picture goes upside down in the moment i drag one of the handles or just dragging anywhere on the picture. It works like mirrored, drag right top corner and warps right bottom one. Nothing works when it comes to reseting, reinstalling etc. It is too critical to me, I had to go back to the v24.0.1. - no issues there, simple as that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, i'm going to upgrade my GPU soon so let's hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just released version 24.2.0 and still haven't found a fix!
Just embarrassing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Da7 
And a very good morning it isn't—the update to 24.2.0 did not stamp out PsCC's Warp Tool bug. Good grief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the layer mask solution to this problem.

My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GT 730M
Works fine for all other uses, and unlike many I do not have the ability to replace my laptop every few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Lors de l'utilisaiton de l'outil Déformaiton de la marionnette ou de l'outil Déformation de la perspective, l'image bascule sans raison de 180° ! Rendant inutilisables ces outils.

Merci pour votre aide. Sincèrement.

J.L. Grosmann

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jean-Louis25462001w25m this was noted and addressed in the latest Photoshop update. Please update your Photoshop to 24.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

werkzeug funktioniert nicht richtig, ziehe ich oben, ändert es sich unten, bild dreht sich sofort um 180 grad. arbeiten nicht möglich. wie kann ich das ändern?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Not sure I understand your issue, but it could be related to this thread

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-perspective-warp-upside-down/idi-p/1343148...

If it's not that, then please provide more detailed information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @daniela2633022874ba this was addressed with the latest update to Photoshop 24.2. Please update your application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I update, nothing change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the suggested work around go to Preferences > Technology Previews and enable "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)" - Restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniela2633022874ba
Hi.

From what others have mentioned, checking the box, "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)", may slow down rendering, even tho' it works well to circumvent the annoying bug currently affecting the Transform Warp Tool.
Another option is to revert to a previous version of PsCC for the time being; that is until a fix is implemented at which time you can then update to the latest version senza bug. The latest version is 24.2.0 as of 2023.2.28, and the problem still persists.
It appears that the better option to circumvent the bug is:
1) Apply a (blank) mask to the layer on which you intend to use the Transform Warp Tool; you're not going to mask anything, of course.
2) Use the Transform Warp Tool as desired.
3) Delete the mask .. or not. I choose to delete it—it does not affect the resulting warp.
Below is a screenshot to illustrate the application of the mask. Hope this helps.

Paco

mask.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support and ask for CC 2021. It is a much more stable version of photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate